Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so i'm probably gonna get some of the factory options installed when i get the xB, or the X-Box as my dad calls it. Any of the "mods" i should stay away from? mainly like the preformance ones. Also the salesman said that he could get a set of Enki's with tires for me and add the $2300 price tag to the total cost. should I do that or get a set of cheaper rims?

Is$ $1499 a good price for the 10" flip down? I'll probably have more questions...I'll ask later...

EDIT: i think i should have put this in the New Buyer section

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
$2300 for rims and tires, Depends on the size of the rim and the brand of tire. I think you can find a better deal on the rims, tires and flat secreen if you buy them else where. Dealers mark up everything. But if you want it all done and are goign to finance it then go with them.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Avoid every option from the dealer. You will probably find it cheaper on sites like trdsparks.com

As for the flip down monitor, goto your local A/V shop and get a price. If it's cheaper, go with them, vise a versa.

·
Registered
762 Posts
hayalex6 said:
Avoid every option from the dealer. You will probably find it cheaper on sites like trdsparks.com

As for the flip down monitor, goto your local A/V shop and get a price. If it's cheaper, go with them, vise a versa.
you buy stuff from the dealer your going to regret it. i got the $400 dollar wing. what happened? i bought a bBist cf one a month after i got the car cuz a used one popped up in the classifieds.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing about not buying them from the dealer is that i'm not really a good saver...so its gonna be hard to get some of the stuff. I mean it took me like a year to pay for a $1100 set of rims...plus i want to be done with it...I'm not really a big fan of CF, i mean its cool...i thought maybe a CF hood, but thats about it...I won't be racing so the weight between the two won't matter. Maybe i can get the credit union to give me the differenct between the stock and having all the stuff ordered from the stealership and i cna buy them myself...i'll have to see...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
From my experience as a not so great saver myself, I just went ahead and got the rims from the dealership. If you are allowed to pick out your rims from enkei, then by all means go for it IMO. Price the rims you are going to get online, then bring it to them and tell them you found them for cheaper and were wondering why they were going to charge you that much. Plus, dealerships always put 40 series tires on their rims, so tell them you want 35 if you like the lower profile tire. Do what you want, its your car and you have to make the payment. JMHO :D

BEAT THE STEALERSHIPS AT THEIR OWN GAME!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
figure it this way the wheels and tires prolly only cost the dealer around 1200 and for u to pay an extra 1100 just cause you cant save??? cmon now u really going to throw 1100 plus interest to get it financed? be smart =) go w/o every option possible.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Just get the Base model.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Padanky said:
Just get the Base model.
+1! I started w/ the base model also. Everything the dealer can get installed, you can get for at least half that price RETAIL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
im getting my rims/tires for around 1300 from the dealership. oh and im getting 35 series tire for who ever said they would only let you get a 40 series tire... he recommended a 35 series tire

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
PickWick said:
im getting my rims/tires for around 1300 from the dealership. oh and im getting 35 series tire for who ever said they would only let you get a 40 series tire... he recommended a 35 series tire
No, if you don't ask them, most will put a 40 series tires on them. Unless the sales people actually have a clue. Which, lets be honest, most don't :p

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone...I'm trying to cram as much knowledge as i can before i buy. So what i'm doing to help my decison is making a list of the things i need(want).

Shocks/struts(just found out i don't need)-Saved me $329
Springs-Dealer $189, ebay cheaper, should i stay away from the $52 ones?
Foglights-Dealer$350, grille with angel eyes between $66 and $175
TRD Muffler-$299, yea, right...
Cupholder/foot LED-$275, haven't found any aftermarket yet/make'em
Spoiler-dealer $385, $170 for a solver CF...good product or not?

So far l've saved around $1500 plus or minus a few hundred...

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Go with brand name and authentic springs!!!!!!!!!! There is a big thing about counterfit springs on ebay right now, and you can't trust ne1 on that site when it comes to that. Pay the extra $50-$100 on that one part, its worth it!!!!!!!!!! That is your comfort and life!!!!!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
You know, I used to think pretty nasty things about dealerships too until our experience with Toyota Simi DCH.

My first car buying experience with a Nissan dealership back 10 years ago was horrible, we got pushed into a buying a car that we couldn't afford when we could hardly cover any of our living expenses. Yep, car got repo'd a year later, and 6 years spent paying the bank off. I swore I would NEVER buy from a dealer again.

Fast forward 10 years, and here I am sucked into the xB madness, thanks to hubby. He bought his at DCH, but that was about a 40 minute drive away. For mine, we went to check out the local Frontier Toyota in Valencia (even though we knew we should stick with DCH) and we immediately got the "dealer-feeling".

Needless to say, that didn't work out, and it was a good thing. So we went back to DCH for mine, they'd just that morning, gotten the box in that I'd been wanting. Never felt any pressure to buy with them, and felt like our questions were answered, and all that. So it was a really good experience for us. Jeff Johnson was our salesman.

And my point is? They're not all bad! I feel kind of uncomfortable when they are all lumped into the "Stealership" category, because it doesn't really seem all that fair. Most of them I think are just trying to make a living, and really if we didn't have them, would we want to buy a brand new car from just anybody? Not me! How could I know that I'm getting a quality vehicle?

Back to the thread subject. We got our few extra's with our cars because, not being very good savers, we didn't have that kind of cash laying around, so it was just less stressful to add those costs into the car total. There was no way that I was going to open up another credit card account for a few car mods!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Thanks everyone...I'm trying to cram as much knowledge as i can before i buy. So what i'm doing to help my decison is making a list of the things i need(want).

Shocks/struts(just found out i don't need)-Saved me $329
Springs-Dealer $189, ebay cheaper, should i stay away from the $52 ones?
Foglights-Dealer$350, grille with angel eyes between $66 and $175
TRD Muffler-$299, yea, right...
Cupholder/foot LED-$275, haven't found any aftermarket yet/make'em
Spoiler-dealer $385, $170 for a solver CF...good product or not?

So far l've saved around $1500 plus or minus a few hundred...

Thanks guys
If you do lowering springs, EVENTUALLY you will need new shocks and struts.

Springs: Tell us how much of a drop you want and we'll tell you what to get

Foglights: If you want the real Scion fogs, goto TRDSparks.com and order from there, alot cheaper

Exhaust: All depends on what kind of sound you want

LED's: Go with Randode and his cold cathode lighting. It's all plug and play, and plus they're brighter than the Scion LED's. www.randode.com

Spoiler: If you want OEM, go with TRDSparks.com again.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
That TRDSparks...man thats a awsome site...thanks, that will save me alot of money...

Eventually...thats a vage word...i said I would get a Xb eventually and i'm just now looking into actually getting it.

Would a 2" drop on 19" be okay...

I like a deep growl, something that can set off car alarms..

Edit: I just checked out randode.com and i see hte goldlines are about what i want...

So $130 as opposed to $275 for the underdash and cupholder LEDs...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
TRDSparks is a great site, they ship very quickly, and have great customer service.

You might have some rubbing lock to lock if you run 19's and a 2"drop, but I'm not totally sure. IMO 18's are definetly big enough.

If you want a deep loud exhaust, I believe JIC and Espelir have the loudest exhausts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.