Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i sold my truck and was looking to get the xB...so i call my insurance comp to ask them what the rates were from a 04 to an 06...an 06 was up near 400+ every 6 months...and thats with my accident free discount through state farm...is this a bit expensive then what you guys are paying?...i would have full covereage on it and my age is 38, so thats not an issue...im wondering if i should look into other insurance company quotes right now

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats not bad, i pay 166 a month so im about double that, at 996/6 months. i turned 25 last year and i dont have a bad driving record. makes me think i should start looking for another company.

edit, mins is 2006

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Full coverage for 2006 xB, 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer, $440 for six months. Mercury Insurance. It will drop though, Grand Prix is up for sale.

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok, so i sold my truck and was looking to get the xB...so i call my insurance comp to ask them what the rates were from a 04 to an 06...an 06 was up near 400+ every 6 months...and thats with my accident free discount through state farm...is this a bit expensive then what you guys are paying?...i would have full covereage on it and my age is 38, so thats not an issue...im wondering if i should look into other insurance company quotes right now
insurance really cant be compared that much what one company says is favorable another might let slide for example a vandalism or glass claim will raise your rate with one comp and stay the same with another

also even if i lived next door to youas your twin brother and drove the same car if my credit core is bad and yours is good you pay less. its a fact not many ppl know

I suspect that your insurance company only reran your license and accident after you called to inquire about the new car which means rates go up 99% if you have no accidents etc you rate will just stay the same you can even have tickets and if your ins company doesnt rerun your license they never know about it till you call to inquire about a new car or adding a new driver etc

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
4 cars, I pay about $1800 every 6 months, but 2 of my cars are insured as collectors cars.
05 xB
02 Windstar
1958 MGA (collector)
1976 Landcrusher (collector)

·
Registered
101 Posts
please
post ur insurance company
ur age
comon help people out
im 16 yr old
got car already but still wait on writing test
i wanna know my quote too

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I'm 21 years old with an accident, 2 speeding tickets, 1 failing to yield, and running a stop sighn and I pay $200 a month. I got all those tickets on my last car which was the RS1.0 tC which was red. I'm going through Infiniti Insurance.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
man...
im 25 and i have state farm.
full coverage on the xb is 166/mo with multi car discount.
the 05 tacoma is another 130/mo. we also have out 'renters insurance' which actualy makes the cars cheaper monthy.

professional discount? im a professional, where do i sign up for that?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i have state farm...
i had my 98 k1500 ext cab flare side LOADED p/u on my insurance with my 95 mitsu galant (my daily driver) and my 97 cbr 900rr...i sold the truck cause only had 52k original miles and all she did was sit in my garage as i hated the gas mileage i got with her (LUCKY to get 14 mpg hwy)...my mitsu gets about 28 mpg combined...carmax offered me 10k for the truck and of course i took it... :D

so if i decide to get an 04, 05, or 06 xB...what exactly is the differance between the years on them (other then the release versions)?...is there anything i should know about specific years at all? cause if not, then im just gonna look into the 06 unless the release date on the 08, gets moved up sooner...

i also have a 1969 chevelle SS that im restoring, so im not concerned about high HP cars anymore now that i got the bike and the chevelle...bike is an easy 10.3 bike and the chevelle...well...lets just leave that one alone for now...lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine is $800 a year through Geico. Actually cheaper than AAA they kept jacking my insurance up even with multicar and home insurance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.