Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is what i got so far. wood grain dash kit, curtaind, vip grill, i'm dropped really low so i dont want to do air. i have a kit but am really concidering changing it. i have some 19's ready to go, i'm thinking of little stuff that i could do, like some chrome or tables or something. the pic i have different ones than i am speaking of.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Its all about prescence (sp?), not a mod list. And to appease the VIP gods, call it VIP style and not VIP. Some people (not me though) get really anal about the platform of our cars. What 19s you have? Width and offset? That other little piddly crap is icing, but does NOTHING if you dont have the basics. I hope the wheels you're talkin about arent the ones pictured. Also, that lip kit is very tacky if you are tryin to achieve VIP style. Please rid yourself of the stickers on the bumper, and also the carbon fiber gas door thingy mabob. Sorry if Im sounding harsh, but youll have a long way to go if your car is still at the state pictured. Lemme know some more facts so I can help.

scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thanks Robert! :) Garson is a good place to find some VIP pieces. I recommend x2dab go on to www.vipstylecars.com, and browse for at least a week. Maybe even two. Dont post. Just skim through the cars, and lurk their for a bit. Youll learn VIP style fast. (ignore all the 240sx owners there though). Once you go through all that, and see their fitments, youll see what VIP style is all about. Its not tables, its not fusas, its a slammed ass sweet stance. By chance, what suspension are you planning on running? I hope coilovers at minimum. No springs (not even HKS SF5s) will put you low enough IMHO for the VIP style.

scotty

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am already registered to vipstyle cars, there are many things i want to change, i think the wheels i will be running will be good, axis 19's with maxis lips the offset is like a 32 but i'm not planning to go wide body so that is fine for me.the kit i definitely want to change and the suspension i have s techs now but with the weight of my system the tires are just about in the wheel well .maybe if someone has a visual reference, nothing too crazy though, the roads by me are not the best. those pics are from a few months ago, i need to be pointed in the right direction, but i am on a budget also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your probably not going to be able to achieve VIP Style with Axis wheels. Gonna need some japanese wheels: Work, SSR, Weds,etc. Here is a pic of what you should be looking for in the wheel dept.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Okay heres the direction I shall give you. Forget Axis. Okay, good. Axis are in NO way VIP style, and dont have the quality of other rims such as AME, Work, SSR, JP, and whatever else. Excuse the french, but lip size dont mean ****. Infact, Axis is infamous for having huge cheater lips. Good that you want to change the kit. Even OEM is better. S-techs, even with a huge system is not gonna be right. You need coilovers at minimum to do it right. VIP is not for the weak at heart, or the weak at pocketbook. VIP style is NOT a budget build. The best thing to do is pick up used sets of wheels, and used suspensions, and used whatever else. Thats how you build VIP on a budget if you wanna do it. No Axis. No regular springs. That wont fly. Its all about stance.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yes, yes yes!! Deep dish. Hard to find. BIG. CHROME!!! Uber camber.

Slammed, and I mean SLAMMED!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Damn Dingo beat me to the punch. Dajap has a bomb ass fitment. Thats what you want to achieve. Heres a little milder VIP, which is commonly referred to as EXE. Still a version of VIP, I always just think no big kits and not insanely crazy fitment, but still hella flush and usually cambered. Heres some good examples. Clean, classy, but not too wild:

Oh, and lemme save you the trouble before anyone asks, no the Sportmax 504s are in no way VIP either.

Scotty

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Garson may have gone too DUB-ish. Too much, uhhh, bring-bring. VIP doesn't have to be an airsuspension. Just remember that. It about giving the car a sinister look. Agressive wheel fitment, not just big wheels.
Examples follow:
My car without the bodykit. not VIP at all. would have been Euro sporty

that was about 2 years ago. this was a year ago. body lines are now extended by the bumpers and wing. a little more sinister.

So from this:

to this:

examples of aggressive wheel fitment:

This one might be Sporty VIP

One more for good measure. this might be actually called U.S. style any idea why?

Like alot of us here, I do my homework. Before I got into this whole Wagon tuning thing, I studied hard. I subscribed to Option Wagon and now StyleWagon Club. I follow very closely the trends in Japan for our cars. I was excited to buy an xB when I saw how much crap was available for our cars. Hence the reason I have no intrest in the new designs. I can't get these cool parts! Enjoy

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys for steering me in the right direction, the rims were pretty expensive so i dont think i am going to change those and they are still in the box. i will definitely do a different kit and the suspension, maybe it will take like a month or 2

·
3,453 Posts
Yeah, even though Sportmax is one of the hot wheels out right now, they're nowhere NEAR VIP style. It just won't happen.

·
3,453 Posts
LOL. It's times like this to do what JDMJim says, subscribe to the mags that feature a lot of this. Research research research.

It's ok to start off somewhere, but to achieve this type of style requires DEDICATION. Blood, sweat and tears.

One day, in the next 5 years, I'm going VIP style......Maybe.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Heres some poser, who wants to be VIP style. Not 100% there.
(wait till my March World of Wheels debut :D Got some tricks up my sleeve)

Scotty

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
who said any thing about sportmax :confused: well my car looks good for now, i just want to change a few things for the upcoming show season, i still have 2 other projects i'm working on so don't want to go too crazy :rolleyes:

·
3,453 Posts
Scotty, lookin' sick man, I'm diggin' those wheels....

Where's the -4front/-10rear camber?

BTW, I have sportmax 501's comin' for my box, there's NOTHING wron with that wheel, just NOT for VIP style.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.