Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,
i will be ordering my box in the near future and was wondering which options are worth getting with the box and which ones i should get after delivery.
i realize it would be best to get tires/rims on my own, but what about lowering suspension, strut/sway bars, cold air ram, cruise, exhaust, struts/shocks ect. any and all help welcome. thanks people!!!!!

and is the xb's clutch as bad as i am reading? the auto shifter is sooo ugly!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Don't get any options if possible. I even turned down the floor mats...lol.

I think the only things that might be worth getting, as long as you don't overpay, are OEM spoiler and OEM foglights. Depends on your preference.

When I first got my xB, the aftermarket wasvery small. It was mostly stuff that needed to be imported from Japan. Now, there's tons of easily availble products stateside. Many times, the quality is much better than OEM option and even cheaper.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Get it bone stock, set up your payment plan and go from there...buy one thing at a time if you have too. You'll still be saving a bundle!!

Who wants to pay for five or six years on some floor mats that you're probably going to cover with another set anyways. Same goes for CAI, why pay for five or six years for something you can buy for a couple hundred and be done with it.

:)

Good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yup. Like the other guys said, get it as plain as possible. The only 2 worthy things are the fog lights & spoiler if you want that.

The next box I get is going to be a plain jane white box with the fogs, spoiler, & 5 speed! ( ^o^)

I think it's people that are out there trying to drag race every opportunity they get that are having troubles with their clutches. If you drive normal, you should be fine.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Only thing I would get if I was to do it all over again. Cruise Control.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
affordable sites

what are some affordable sites to get after market items for the box? such as lowering suspension, exhaust, header ect.

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
Padanky said:
Only thing I would get if I was to do it all over again. Cruise Control.
I would like cruise too... I like the center arm rest, probably overpaid from the dealer; but was afraid of getting junk when purchasing sight unseen off of the internet.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Get it bone stock, set up your payment plan and go from there...buy one thing at a time if you have too. You'll still be saving a bundle!!

Who wants to pay for five or six years on some floor mats that you're probably going to cover with another set anyways. Same goes for CAI, why pay for five or six years for something you can buy for a couple hundred and be done with it.

:)

Good luck!
I agree^^^! We got ours stock except for the spoiler, fog lights and 6 disc CD changer. I won my floormats from WeaponR and all my little details were inexpensive.

Good luck!

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you guys are right

man you guys were not kidding that the options scion offers are a lot cheaper if you get them afterwards. scion is crazy for what they charge for some things compared to the prices i found on line. thanks a million, we a few hundred anyway!!:) thanks for the web links too!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The options are unlimited. When i bought my box 2 years ago last week, there were limited places to get aftermarket parts. Here i am 2 years later, and i have one hooked up box. The only thing i lack is a custom paint job. All my additions have been purchased though sources on either SL classifieds, NRG, here and Ebay. Ask around, look around, and do lots of home work. If you need a part, look everywhere, chances are you can find it easily and for cheap now adays.

Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.