well i used the original filter
but if yuo like you could used
replacement one.
And i think we have the same climate so i think it would
be the same.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Like prboyxb said, for the most part you should stick with a full synthetic or a synthetic blend. In general the oil tends to last longer. If you're running boost, OR you're still breaking in the engine, then use the dinosaur oil. In this case, just make sure you check/change it more often.

A buddy of mine swears by K&N oil filters but these cars run pretty clean and I would just get a stock one (it's cheaper).

·
Registered
974 Posts
I never use synthetics. Just like spark plugs, the basic stuff is always tried and true.

I use basic 5W-30 oil, Castrol is my favorite. For oil filters I LOVE Bosch brand, Toyota OE would be my next choice. Change the oil out 6 months or 3500 miles and you are golden.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I like Canola oil myself....

Oh, you mean for motors!? Everyone is going to have their preference, just fo with what you like, really. Personally, I use Mobil1 Synthetic and it's changed every 3k. I didn't even use the free oil changes from the dealership. I switched over after my break-in period. Like many others, I noticed better response, softer idle, etc...etc... I've used some sort of synthetic on all my cars after I got ahold of them, and never had problems. Filter? OEM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
mobil 1 every 3k miles and a fram or oem filter. Ive run synthetic oil in my truck and it has over 100k and not one leak.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Full syn for me. Finally the manufactures are coming around as the new xB will be a syn fill:) I use AMSOIL and change my oil every 10,000 (which is a year, AMSOIL goes 25K with a filter change in the middle)

·
Registered
368 Posts
GC ( German Castrol) used here, 0W30, every 5k miles. IT'S GREEN !
Super Tech ( yes Wal-Mart's) listed as one of the better ( made by Wix)

·
Registered
426 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.