Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested in what alarms people are using. I'm looking at picking up the Viper with the remote start, keyless entry and "windows up" feature. As an added feature on all of my car alarms I get air hornes. This makes the alarm stand out. I've used Clifford in the past but I cannot find them at any of the Big Box stores or Mom and Pops.
Any feedback would help. TY

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the Scion one is no good at all. Just designed to slow down the local idiot who tries to jack your ride.
As a tip to all I rec you add air hornes to your exising alarm. My other car was broken into twice but nothing was taken cause the alarm scared the urine out of them. Most would be thiefs are not worried when its the usual 6-tone siren with the Frenchy police car sound.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
One of my very first additions was the Viper 791xv. Picked it up for around $175, but installing is a task if you've never done one before. I'm lovin it cause I can start it up in the morning, from my room, to let it warm up. It has the 2-way transponder that lets you know when a sensor goes off and you can add additional things to it like rollin down all the windows or turning on lighting all from the remote.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have the Hornet 745T 2 way pager Alarm.
Great alarm and is made by the same company as VIPER..

I have the Viper 791xv on my solara and I had too many problem with the remote on that model.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Yeah I havn't had any problems w/it yet(viper remote), but I heard that they are not friendly with the concrete and they run about $70 for a new one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm going to buy my first alarm tomorrow, it's a pretty simple Python (460HP) and I'll have my local circuit city install it all for $199. I have to admit that Viper with the airhorns sounds pretty tempting though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Viper is pretty good...BUT and this is a big BUT if you have any problems with the product they give you the run around unless you stay on them. I know it just took me 4 month to get a brand new remote for my alarm system and the valet remote is starting to go too. So kinda frustrating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if i was supposed to buy a remote start alarm system...i would go for the clifford matrix 50.5x...the viper would be my second choice...

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a clarion ungo remote start and alarm
had some problems keeping it set right at first but now its fine(high pitched as h3ll, hurts your ears)

·
Registered
6 Posts
what kind of ungo do you have...cause i recently sold my clifford and bought the newest ungo's....the sr9000....it has the same function the viper 791 and the clifford 50.5....sr9000 has the 1mile range...i haven't installed yet though...so let me know what you've got

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Viper remote start on the wifes envy green, and 10 dogs so when the dogs bark thats a good sign to see who is in the driveway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know where to purchase a clifford alarm without paying for the install? I would like to do it myself and have found it difficult to find a retailer who will sell the alarm without install. Only thing I can find is Crutchfield but they only sell crime stopper and I'm not to thrilled about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope..no fry's in minnesota. I doubt they would do it anyway. all the other majors like best buy etc. have told me that they require install. Any ideas for a web retailer...ie they would have to ship it and not install it? My google searches are comming up empty. I may have a local lead though that I used to work with so we'll see. Thanks for the reply though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.