Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned before I am looking for a new rear bumper for my xb. In doing my research I am not finding a bumper that works but I have found a couple kits from Japan that I like.

I know there is a lot of work to get them to fit but I am guessing since I have the JP kit on there already most of the work has been done. I also have a great club member to help me out.

I know everyone on here is very addicted to searching for things on the internet for their box. I was wondering if we could come up with some of the Japanese kits that are already on cars here in the US.

I know people are running these kits:
Noblesse
Chargespeed
WBlood (JDMJIM's kit)

Is anyone running a Pandora?

What other kits are people running?

I want to have a one piece rear bumper and be something different. I was the first xb in Michigan with a bodykit and only JP Vizage. I started looking into new kits when I saw the Chicago Exposed photos and noticed the B96 station promo xB is a PW wrapped xB with the same kit. I am probably moving to Chicago and do not want the same kit as them.

Thanks for any help....

post pics if you have them please. I would hate to spend the money thinking I had something different only to find out it was so two years ago. (Like the Noblesse kit)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
There's also DAMD, Spirits, Fabulous, Parto/TC Sportlineand Kenstyle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i will be running the pandora kit... unless someone else gets it then I will choose something else...

sorry I have to be different.. maybe I will custom make one.

besides most people cant stomach 2500 price tag on the real pandora.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AirecK said:
hmmm that pandora one is nice....
thats it ...
thats the one i'll get ..thanks!!
Go ahead and get that one, you want the website to order it???

That is one I was considering, I will not divulge the one I am really considering. I wanted to see what comes up.

I am familiar with the FAB and all of its copies. I also am familiar with Kenstyle and TC Sportline. I have seen the crummy photos of the spirit and aerogear bodykits. I may have to try and convince my friend in Japan that even though he owns 5 businesses already he needs to start another one with me so I can get the kit that I want. If I do get the new kit I am also going to get a few other items from Japan for the box. If paying for shipping on a body kit how much more could it be for some added items.

Post pics of your Japanese Body Kits on your xb or that you have seen on an xb here in the states please. Also if you know of a more uncommon kit post them as well.

We can turn this into a Japanese Bodykit showoff thread.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jpscion said:
i will be running the pandora kit... unless someone else gets it then I will choose something else...

sorry I have to be different.. maybe I will custom make one.

besides most people cant stomach 2500 price tag on the real pandora.
Is shipping on the kit $800? The kit is $1700 on the site I saw it on.

If you like the kit then get it. You will be the only one I am sure in your area with it and probably the only one with your color in the US with it for a while at least. I am probably not getting it due to the rear bumper not having an exhaust cut out. My exhaust would be too low and I drive this daily. It would be awesome on a show vehicle. I love how clean it looks and would not want to add an exhaust cut out to it.

Post more photos please.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
ogerdgonz said:
Is shipping on the kit $800? The kit is $1700 on the site I saw it on.

If you like the kit then get it. You will be the only one I am sure in your area with it and probably the only one with your color in the US with it for a while at least. I am probably not getting it due to the rear bumper not having an exhaust cut out. My exhaust would be too low and I drive this daily. It would be awesome on a show vehicle. I love how clean it looks and would not want to add an exhaust cut out to it.

Post more photos please.
agreed. don't know where you saw the pandora kit but shipping is NOT 800 and the kit it self is not 2500. i'm thinking about the pandora except i want to get v1 where i can put the plate in the rear bumper.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea all the ones i know of have been listed. i personally will be going with one of the kits listed above, so you dont have to worry about me. also, before anyone asks, im not telling which one im gettin. wont see my car till next spring!

scotty

·
Registered
126 Posts
Chances are if its out there someone has it on their box. IMO you just go with what YOU like the best, period. With exception of shows, not many people have kits on their box, its expensive (getting it done right) and takes time. I have one in the works right now and theres much more than just buying it, getting it painted and slapping it on, they rarely have perfect fit. Mine is taking around 2 weeks. I had to go twice already for fittings. I wouldnt choose one kit i liked better for another just because someone else has it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Still lookin'

Does anyone know of a Japanese Widebody Kit? I am trying to locate something other than the '2' I've seen on the net.
Whant something with the "5 Axis" appearance!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
BoXBoy said:
Does anyone know of a Japanese Widebody Kit? I am trying to locate something other than the '2' I've seen on the net.
dude if you did find one it would be sooooo expensive.

·
Registered
260 Posts
you get what you pay for!

I fiqure something that is a quality fit, would be Japanese, and would be worth the price, cheaper kits eventually cost you more by the time you spend required shop hours getting them to fit.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
oh no doubt bro. thats why i'm goin with either noblesse or pandora. possibly chargespeed. but most jdm kits are about 2 g's so i imagine a wide body would be about 3-4 g's.

·
Registered
260 Posts
See, I'm bettin' that the kits you mention are a very good fit due to high quality= high price.
I think a kit that would look as good as the 5 Axis would be well worth the $.
Just can't seem to find anything.
I do like the Pandora, looks good.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
BoXBoy said:
bro i saw one today in a mag. a widebody jdm kit. and son of a gun i can't remember the name now. i think it was just "kit bb". maybe. i know it was something bb. i'll try to find out again.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.