Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have this "problem"? I don't know what it could be nor have i seen it before. It rubs off:)D ) but its a pain...The white stuff on the weather stripping

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
hahahahahahahaha i can't believe you named the thread that. wow i was afraid to open it lol. i don't get that though. i don't have any problems with my white stuff.:p

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats why i said he he when i said it "rubs off"

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping i get a few laughs out of it...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not sure what the white stuff is, but it looks like you need to re-route some wires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
^^Was just about to say that....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Back a number of years ago I worked in a Toyota Plant and that part was one of the ones I installed on the Prism, Corolla,Vibe,Tacoma trucks.

The team members spray a mixture of that pink hand soap ( w/lanoline) and heat the rubber up under heat lamps ( just like fast food burgers and Peking Duck).:D

So chances are it is the dried up soap and lanoline mixture. wipe it down with water and it should come off. to make sure it is , feel it with your bare hand, is it soft slippery when dry? then thats what it is.

You can clean it with water, or upolstery cleaner on a micro fiber towel. They really soak those things ( they actually drip into a pan and re-use the stuff)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those wires look like Jlevi's Puddle Light wires, could I be right? =D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but it looks like you need to re-route some wires.
<-----Lazy
But i probably will this weekend if i can get them working, they just stopped working...

No they are for my foglights...

·
Registered
110 Posts
polarproject said:
there is a gromet right on your firewall that you can pop out, run the wire through, that looks ghetto! hehehe lol J/K
you need to take a pic of that gromet on the firewall your talkin about i could never find it please show me thanks it would make things alot more easier thanks

scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you ever had it in a body shop? Mine does it. For some reason the bondo dust and static cause it on mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe just the sunlight. hell, i dont know. Good question. Armor All (not a fan of) or Endust

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
oxidation of the rubber. Some chemicals that are used in the production of rubber will oxidize off during the first bit of time. Dont worry, just rub off and make sure the use a rubber protecant ever 3 to 6 months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.