Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I have my audio system good to go, I'm going to start buying some parts for my engine. I'm looking at getting some headers and a new exhaust first. The ones I've looked at are Strup and DC. Which of those two would you pick?

Now for the reason of the thread, what do you guys run on your box, if any?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I've got the DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic Header. From what I've been hearing, you won't net a large gain with an exhaust. MY suggestion? Get yourself a lightweight crank pulley and header. Pick the header you will need most. 4-1 give power in the higher rpm range, and a 4-2-1 gives power in the lower rpm range. In my opinion, there's enough power made in the low band, it's the high band you're gonna need the extra oompf for highway passing. Trust me.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've got the Design Motorsport Engineering header. its a 4-1 setup and it's great. love it and doesnt make my exhaust setup sound all raspy.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I've had the DC Sports since it was first released.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Megan Racing.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
MMW monster motor work makes a good one from what I can see. It is a 4-2-1.

·
3,453 Posts
TJ
I need to get into my engine bay and move those cable above the header. Very clean look back there.
/TJ

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
everybody disses these but Ive got the second gen, and have total 10,000 miles trouble free with OBX Racing 4-2-1. our boxes are designed to operate at high-end for fuel economy so the low end torque added from 4-2-1 helps get to the power band sooner

·
3,453 Posts
AFAIK, OBX products are good in my book. I know many people who run OBX stuff and are happy with the product. I'm looking into the OBX Catback currently myself.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The comment about the low end torque and power is right on the money. Bigger is better. Now how far and how much better will another one make it, well that is up to you and how much you wanna spend. The 4-2-1 is worth the extra bank in my book, but might not if you are happy with just more parts. My personal theory is save the bank and put good higher end parts and not as many. buy who cares what I think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.