Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonder what have you use the warranty for.... just want to know what kind of problem have been encountered on a xB

·
Registered
339 Posts
New gas tanks and filler tubes.
Then many times to fix the new filler tubes :)
Rattles (never resolved, of course).

I think that's it. Oh, A/C not cold. These are all fixed on the new releases. (except maybe the rattles)

·
Registered
309 Posts
i had a weird rattle coming out of the driver side took it to the dealer and they said it was the grille on the dashboard. they insulated it and doesnt make anymore noise. but now i get rattles on the other side gotta take it in for that too

·
Registered
208 Posts
back windshield wiper broke. (i think i might've done it by accident) but they were happy to help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Automatic transmission repair work done at 6 months and MIGHT go back in for wheel bearing work next week. Other than that, no problems.

Trans work for leaking seals and O-ring.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I've had my front bottom lower passenger side grille piece replaced twice and Im about to put my car in for CV joint repair next week!! Its bad!
And my manual trans needs HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I can't explain it very well.

Alex Grizzly Choppers can or some other more qualified person.

Its something in the axel where the right and left meet each other in the middle under the box.

My drivers side is shot!! Its kinda hanging but I dont hear noise when I brake I hear when Im slowing down in neutral. But I've had my box looked at twice now and both places came to the same conclusion. Transmission CV joints...

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Manual transmission and alternator.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Little knob you pull to lay the rear seats flat. While I was hauling some stuff out the back seats, something snagged it, and I snapped it off. I just told the dealer it snapped during normal use :)

Also, when I got the car, the steering wheel was off center when driving straight. They fixed it and gave me a free wheel alignment too. It was perfect because I just had my springs installed a few days earlier!

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
scionbox123 said:
what is the cv joint

my xb feel funny when i step on the brake at low speed..
CV = Constant Velocity joint. It is basically the joints that connect the front drive axles to the trans. and to the wheels. They allow the suspension to travel up and down and the wheels to turn right and left while keeping power to the wheels at all times.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The CV joints are in the red circles. They are the weakest part of the drivetrain. I had an 94 Acura Integra ls with a b16 head on it. It was quite fast. I was putting halft shafts (axles) in every other week. I probably should have gotten some hardened ones. Oh well.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i had my passenger side seat belt replaced , and want to get my floormats replaced , crappy 04/early 05 mats.

·
Registered
109 Posts
All in all i think i have seen minimal warrenty work on the Scion line. Mine went back for the rattle TSB ... had to have another Hotchkis strut bar cause the guys at port craked my powder coated one ... and the seat fabric on the drivers side is stretched out.

I have heard that the manual trannys have issues. The AC that doesnt blow cold. And 2 cases where the box would just stop running. Both those were complete replacements from Scion, no ?s asked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.