Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am replacing the stock unit on my 2006 TC with the IPOD unit that I got on EBAY. My question is what harness do i need to make it all work with my IPOD. I am getting 3 different part numbers and 2 dealerships are tellling me 2different answers. I was told i need the customer IPOD cable and the console IPOD cable part numbers,

PT546-21062
PT546-21061
PT546-21060

Another dealer said that SCION now sales PT546-21060 seperate as PT546-21061 and PT546-21062.

Any advice is surely appreciated.

·
Registered
869 Posts
if you are replacing the stock head unit....yourself....you should just go to cartoy's or some place like that, they carry the harness adapter for the radio....it should be made for your car....it will say "2001+ scion tc" or whatever on the back.....as far as the ipod cable goes it all depends on the headunit........if you get one.....buy one that has a AUX outlet on the front of it that makes it way more easy....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IPOD Harness

The unit that is there now is the stock Pionner non-ipod unit. I bought the SCION pioneer IPOD upgrade unit and need that harness and or wires. Do they carry that?

Thansk
Tim

·
Registered
869 Posts
what i got for my car is a aux converter that plug's into the back of my stock pioneer deck, the it goes to a little box with two female rca plugs (red and white) then i got a wire that has a headphone jack on one end and two male rca plugs the two male plugs plug into the box and the other side plugs into the ipod.......then to listen too it you hit the "CD" button on the front of the deck. it works very good and i got it on the internet for like $60 it works for most toyota and scion models.....try that out....dont let the dealership rip you off its very easy to install yourself and it was the only thing that works well....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.