Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me know your thoughts. I need to make a decision. the colors might not be spot on, but it's the concept. I'm trying to demonstrate a burlwood finish that echoes the black cherry pearl.

just the center of the main console:

All of the silver accents:

center of the dash, portion of the gauge pod, and chrome speedo bezel:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, you're saying that you like all the silver accents done as well as the gauge pod?

can anyone tell me what looks wrong about doing the center of the console and leaving the silver accents? I think it looks awesome, and of course, I'll have to go with what I want... I'm just asking for opinions because I suspect that I may have been looking at this photoshop for so long that i'm no longer sure what looks right...

I bet that didn't make a lick of sense, huh?

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
It maybe just me, but I like the way the sides and control knobs look against
the black of the center console. Now if you could the radio aswell it would
look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the first one, if it would be simulated like MB and or Lexus wood.
Very elegant cherrybox. do not do the speedo, it will look overdone.

oh, and a little chromie on the pocket door handle would make a nice touch.
yes, it's a very high quality simulated wood. Once i get this completed, I will show some close ups of what these guys can do. I hope it will look as elegant as i imagine.

I like the chromie idea! 'spose that a u-fab-it kind of thing, huh?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Do you have any future plans for the top or bottom half of the dash? Just curious if your going to leave it OEM color, or do something to it. Whatever is planned would have to flow with the wood. As is I like the first pic., but could change based on your future plans. :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Utimately I think it would look good to do the wood grain along the entire top half of the dash and flow into the center portion like in the first pic. Then maybe paint the lower dash depending on what colors the rest of your interior is going to be.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Judging by your pictures, in my opinion, I too like the 1st one. With the gauge cluster done in the third one, takes away from the center area. If you can throw some chrome accenting - or polished steel/aluminium - in there (lip of compartment, ignition ring.....) I'd have to look at it a bit more to get a better idea, but I really like what you've done. Keep us updated with your next thoughts and ideas!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you have any future plans for the top or bottom half of the dash? Just curious if your going to leave it OEM color, or do something to it. Whatever is planned would have to flow with the wood. As is I like the first pic., but could change based on your future plans. :D
The 'future plans' for the dash are very modest. I would at most cover the upper with charcoal leather... For the most part, whatever i do here will be the color scheme until I do something different (lol)

It's funny, I keep saying 'ok, after this, i'm gonna lay off for a while...' never happens.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts