Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I waited almost 2 years to finally take the plunge and by a new XB. Just got my 2006 Polar White XB & I LOVE IT!! We also have a new 2006 TC, mediteranean blue...love it but I drive the XB so I'm partial to the XB!! It is spacious, very quiet (don't believe people who complain about noise because it's very quiet I promise), my first tank of gas showed me 35 mpg with a 5speed manual transmission, and it has plenty of pep!! I had a 53 inch panoramic roof installed and it's awesome!! I'm 40 and I feel like a teenager in this car as it has sparked the "customizing" thoughts in me all over again!! Big plans for this car and I'll keep it a long time!

·
Tha KrackaBox
328 Posts
Yeah I love my xB simply cause of it's aweome boxiness! Many tell me it looks like a box....... well it kinda is.. and that's why I bought it! They just kinda give me a "why?" look. Awww well

·
Registered
3 Posts
scionxb2006 said:
I waited almost 2 years to finally take the plunge and by a new XB. Just got my 2006 Polar White XB & I LOVE IT!! We also have a new 2006 TC, mediteranean blue...love it but I drive the XB so I'm partial to the XB!! It is spacious, very quiet (don't believe people who complain about noise because it's very quiet I promise), my first tank of gas showed me 35 mpg with a 5speed manual transmission, and it has plenty of pep!! I had a 53 inch panoramic roof installed and it's awesome!! I'm 40 and I feel like a teenager in this car as it has sparked the "customizing" thoughts in me all over again!! Big plans for this car and I'll keep it a long time!
I am in the same boat. I bought my XB a year ago when I was 37 and when I read reviews that say there is too much road noise or it has a mediocre 'ride' I don't understand what they are talking about.

My previous car was a 1990 Honda Prelude and as a big guy it was a hassle getting in and out of that car. The XB has more than enough room for me and my gut :)

What I like most about the car is that it fits me perfect. It is stylish, fuel efficient and roomy, yet at the same time I am able to cruise I66 @ 80MPH and still get good mileage.

Gratz on your new car :)

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I like the space in it. And it drives really good. I like the stereo system in it too. I've wanted one since they first came out and i finally got one. It's camo green. They first time i saw one i was like what's that box. and then i though...ooo that's cool. I got it because it's a toaster and nothing else on the road looks like it. I love it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lovin my little black box!

I got my black baby about a week ago. I had to wait alittle over a month but I just love it. I was supposed to get a Polor White one but the black one came in first. The thing I like most about it is not everyone has one. I have seen several but we'll all make each look different. I do in-home parties for women so I'm getting a personalized plate with "toy box" on it. I plan on dropping it at least 1in and putting a great sound system in it. I'm putting in some shallow subs so I'll still have plenty of room. I'm also planning on putting a sun roof in it. Along with fog lights, leds, 17" wheels, crome everything, including the front grills. Red lights in interior and poss blue under neith.
Another thing I like about my baby is that most of the older people drive this are hip and open minded, so it's like a car with a sign that says "I'm not a tight azz baby boomer who turned yuppy!" (No offence to any tight azz baby boomer yuppies of course!)
B

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I've love the way it handles! It takes curves much better than the car it replaced ('00 Celica GTS), gets much better gas mileage, and draw alot more attention from the general public. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The space!! With kids, it is great and so much easier to them in and out. I love all the windows, I can actually see around me. The gas mileage rocks and the 6 disc CD changer is cool cuz it changes colors and I can set it to any mood when I'm driving (and it's so pretty!;)). I like that I can put the seats down in the back, it sure did come in handy when I moved!! The box has a different look and is a blank canvas ready for anything. I like the looks that it gets, either good or bad. Good when someone gives me a thumbs up or bad when someone laughs at it. Hey, at least I'm puttng a smile on someone's face!! LOL!!:D Tinted windows are a good touch and being stock tint, hey, it works for me.

**I like that I meet other Scion owners on the road. I have so much fun in the xB!!**

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'm going to go with one of each of your reasons, because I don't feel like typing. I agree with all your reasons.

I love it when people ask what it is. Is that one of those Hybrid's? etc.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
dtrain619 said:
:D :D :D That's probably the BEST reason of all!! :D :D :D
Wow, must be nice!! Paid for?? I'm still working on payment 16, with 50 payments remaining which means it will really be mine on 1/17/2010...LOL!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
EVILDAVE said:
I love all the people stopping and looking.
That's me!! I always have to see what new thing you've done to yours. Can't wait for more in 2006!!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.