Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Lookin' good man!

The first pic definitely looks familiar! Do you think it could be brightened up a bit in photoshop? I really like how the shadows from the catwalk beam from the light. It's one of the main reasons I chose that as my desktop. Now that you have wheels, I wanna use this one. However, since the wheels ARE darker than the hubcaps, are you able to get a picture that has more light on the wheels...or as said before, lightened with photoshop? As with your other pic, I wanna use this as my desktop now. lol.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
waaay awesome pics. you got some photo skillz. big up.
thanks alot i am tryin to get better everytime still have alot to learn though...
and thanks john should of been here so it could of been three but maybe next time....

and this is why HUBCITY STREETS PHOTOGRAPHY will be open soon....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i will try to get a photoshop program i dont have one all my pics are untouched once unloaded off of the camera....

·
3,453 Posts
Oh I have photoshop, I was just asking for your expertise on whether if I lighten some areas it'll look uneven.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im no expert now by no means but if you do the wheels it will just be probly more of a gold look which isnt bad at all....what all areas are you talkin about...

·
3,453 Posts
Mostly around the car. If I spend the time on it, I can blend it correctly and brighten the shadows on the car and make it still look like it's not photoshopped. If you can send me a copy of the original pic I can have it finished by tomorrow night. They're a bronze color on the wheel correct? Any other details about your car I would need to know about would be great so I can make sure that when I brighten things that I keep as close to the original coloring as possible would be nice to have on hand.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
haha, i would do the same thing if i am very bored.

nice pics.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks and boombox the top one is the original.... yes they are bronze and i cant think of anything special....

·
3,453 Posts
Ok, I have it saved. I will dabble with it a bit today, and then later tonight when I get home.

This should be lotsa fun!!

·
3,453 Posts
This is what I have so far. In order to get a better view of the wheels, I had to brighten the pic and adjust contrast accordingly. I then used a few darken and lighten techniques with a fading brush (thus the 'haze' around the wheels - it will be gone by final product) I'm going to have to multilayer it because my hands aren't super steady so the wheels keep their straight edges. When it's all said and done, the picture should be as close to original in terms of brightness and contrast, as this is just a prelim. The wheels will show up more, but just enough so the effect of the dakr areas are still there.

·
3,453 Posts
Since I have PS, I haven't tried this one, but it came highly recommended on TechTV...Well, before it switched over to G4.....

http://www.gimp.org/

·
3,453 Posts
Guh, after quite a few days, and much humility as I didn't get this finished when 'promised,' I'm also still very unhappy with how it turned out.

Basically, after I submitted my last pic, I opened up a few more layers and did extreme color contrasts so I could attempt to get the best wheel 'look' from the dark pics. yes, brightening and modifying, and cutting and pasting works, but after that's all said and done, when you go to readjust the brightness, after adding color and such, it doesn't turn out well.

Anyways, without much further ado, here's what I came up with, though if I had a few more layers I probably coulda done a bit better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.