Scion xB Forum banner
15981 - 15984 of 15984 Posts

· Registered
05 silver stick
239 Posts
No mods in mind
My tailgate is beat to crap by previous owner
Instead of wasting my time into messing with a difficult dent that was previously hack fixed
And then time/ materials to repaint
was thinking of Just spending a few hundred for a nice gate in the same color
And swapping out.
Was wondering what kind of a pain it is to get into the wiring
It Doesn't sound like much of a problem.

· xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,216 Posts
Two ways to remove the liftgate wiring harness.

1. Wiring is accessible through the liftgate's interior panel. All wiring inside the liftgate can be disconnected and released from routing fasteners then the harness is pulled out of the access point at the passenger side top of the liftgate. The rubber loom removes from the liftgate easily.

2. The liftgate wiring harness can be separated by disconnecting the plug located behind the passenger side rear window surround. The window surround pops off. For access to the wiring loom retaining clip, remove the two plastic pushpins at the back of the headliner and gently lower the headliner just enough to reach the loom's clip. To remove the clip press inwards on the tab on each side.

Either way is not too bad to perform, just more steps with the second method.
Hood Grille Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Candy cane Automotive lighting Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gadget

Motor vehicle Fixture Fender Vehicle Vehicle door

· Registered
05 silver stick
239 Posts
Two ways to remove the liftgate wiring harness.

1. Wiring is accessible through the liftgate's interior panel. All wiring inside the liftgate can be disconnected and released from routing fasteners then the harness is pulled out of the access point at the passenger side top of the liftgate. The rubber loom removes from the liftgate easily.

2. The liftgate wiring harness can be separated by disconnecting the plug located behind the passenger side rear window surround. The window surround pops off. For access to the wiring loom retaining clip, remove the two plastic pushpins at the back of the headliner and gently lower the headliner just enough to reach the loom's clip. To remove the clip press inwards on the tab on each side.

Either way is not too bad to perform, just more steps with the second method.
View attachment 80831
View attachment 80834
View attachment 80835
You made it too easy
I kinda thought that plug would be in there a ways. My guess was right.
Thanks for the info

15981 - 15984 of 15984 Posts