Scion xB Forum banner
15881 - 15900 of 15916 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
153 Posts
Towed my 3rd xB to a repair shop a friend recommended. They told me on Saturday that it did not need a fuel pump replacement as indicated by that same friend. Ugh. Then they spent 2 hours of diagnosis labor to try and figure out what was going on... Nothing determined yet. I'm feeling extremely frustrated right now... :(

·
Registered
05 silver stick
155 Posts
the weekend started with a struggle
attempted to put a Transmission back in the truck
and the cheap 25 yo transmission Jack I have decided to quit on me..grrr

so after 400 bucks for a new jack I was back in business lol
got the transmission in the truck and I just need a output seal and one bolt I can't seem to find
and I can button it up.
then on to the next one
(have a trans and clutch to go in a 62 willys cj5 )

anyway I had a little time and I squirted my fender
with color and clear
gonna let it sit and cure for a week or so then
Its time to drop the skirts for the rust issues and slap the
new fender on
Automotive tire Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
05 silver stick
155 Posts
4 out of 6 Pioneer speakers installed

thank you 04_Toaster for the recommendation !
I'm so glad that I didn't sink the loot into a whole new system
the speakers woke the stock unit up enough for me.
and I still have 2 more to go in.
when I popped off the drivers side panel
the stock speaker wasn't even plugged in
the plug had fallen out and that is why the speaker didn't work.
well worth the effort for a minimal investment.

this weekend I start on the rocker rust and install the fender
I will make a DIY on tackling the rust issues

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Used it for a silly pic after a bike ride.......FOX BOX RELECTO FOX...........

Tire Wheel Bicycle Land vehicle Vehicle

....I'll catch a little fox, put it next to a box, then I'll let it go...............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Acquired my xb2 about 3 weeks ago. Gave it a service rotated the tires and changed the transmission fluid. Upgraded the marker lights to led. Interior to led. HID kits in the low beams. Added the foglight kit. 9011 high beams and installed a new kenwood 594bt head unit. Planning on some speakers next along with a bunch of fat mat sound deadener. Loving it so far. Happy to be driving a manual again. Trd lowering kit front tie brance intake exhaust and rear sway make this a fun dad van.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ordered up a bit of this bidnezz......

Wheel Automotive tire Blue Product Font

after these will probably spring for new shoe/drum combo and throw on some black caliper paint on fresh new drums......cuz my krusty rusty ones look poopoo.....

Reactions: Myopic

·
Registered
2006 xB
31 Posts
Taking off the front passenger stock steelie today (prepping to install used xB alloys I bought), I managed to break off one of the bolts. Is this an easy fix, and what do I need to buy from NAPA to fix it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
should be able to knock the broke one out with sledge and pull the new one in by tightening the lug nut. might have to remove stuff so there is access for old to come out and get new one started. could use stack of washers for lug nut to pull srud in instead of the wheel. put a dab of grease on the end of stud where it is being pulled into hub. use long breakover bar for nice torque control.

·
Registered
2006 xB
31 Posts
should be able to knock the broke one out with sledge and pull the new one in by tightening the lug nut. might have to remove stuff so there is access for old to come out and get new one started. could use stack of washers for lug nut to pull srud in instead of the wheel. put a dab of grease on the end of stud where it is being pulled into hub. use long breakover bar for nice torque control.
Thank you, much appreciated! I took a stab at it tonight and got it fixed - forgot the dab of grease, but did everything else you mentioned. Not a terrible job by any means, but hope I don't have to do it again any time soon! Thanks for the tips, that's why this forum is so awesome!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Taking off the front passenger stock steelie today (prepping to install used xB alloys I bought), I managed to break off one of the bolts. Is this an easy fix, and what do I need to buy from NAPA to fix it?

pics of new to you wheels when done....can't leave us hangin, lol.....

·
Registered
2006 xB
31 Posts
pics of new to you wheels when done....can't leave us hangin, lol.....
Ha, I finished so late it was too dark for pics. The passenger wheel has a couple of deep scratches or gouges, but I'm just happy to be replacing the steelies! And can always find a nicer replacement later. Also happy that these two came with 185/65-R15s -- speedometer is finally reading correctly!!
The 3rd wheel doesn't have a center cap, and the tire on it is a 195/60-R15... I'll want the rears to match the fronts whenever I acquire the 4th wheel, so in the meantime I'll search for the center cap.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,153 Posts
Ha, I finished so late it was too dark for pics. The passenger wheel has a couple of deep scratches or gouges, but I'm just happy to be replacing the steelies! And can always find a nicer replacement later. Also happy that these two came with 185/65-R15s -- speedometer is finally reading correctly!!
The 3rd wheel doesn't have a center cap, and the tire on it is a 195/60-R15... I'll want the rears to match the fronts whenever I acquire the 4th wheel, so in the meantime I'll search for the center cap. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Great choice; the Scion EM-7 wheel is a classic!

·
Old School xB Builder
1,732 Posts
Starting to put the daily back together been apart for a year painting it.

Sent from my pimped out xB

Reactions: 2006BOPxB
15881 - 15900 of 15916 Posts