Scion xB Forum banner
15821 - 15840 of 15882 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
142 Posts
Woo, I'm back to driving a silver 2006 xB!!! (My third one has been down since November) Just bought it yesterday.

I'd been looking for another one locally since then, as I figure I might as well collect the whole set, amirite? :D

This has been my 4th 2006 xB I've owned. It's got a large dent in the hatchback and the key doesn't fit in the door well, but I'm back inside a Gen1 Toaster with air conditioning... (A medical necessity here in AZ) So happy. It's an automatic transmission, but oh well. 233K miles.

Ah. Pics. I need to post some, don't I? Lemme log in with my phone and do so.

Oh. And I have a question... It's an early 06 that doesn't have the audio controls on the steering wheel, which is gonna drive me absolutely nuts. Does anyone know if the wiring harness is the same in both, and if I just need to add a steering wheel with the controls, or will I need to replace a/the harness as well?

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
142 Posts
Some pics... You can kinda see the hatchback crinkle in the 2nd one. The 16" rims aren't bad, but I'm going to put my stock Scion 7 spoke alloys on, since I just recently put brand new tires on those. Also, all 4 tires on this were completely different brands... Who does that???

Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2006 xB
23 Posts
Oh. And I have a question... It's an early 06 that doesn't have the audio controls on the steering wheel, which is gonna drive me absolutely nuts. Does anyone know if the wiring harness is the same in both, and if I just need to add a steering wheel with the controls, or will I need to replace a/the harness as well?
Congrats on your new purchase! There's a great thread about adding the steering wheel controls here: 2004-2006 xB OEM Steering Wheel Controls - SUCCESS!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah, no on having the right harness to just add the controls and no on just swapping the harness...it is the whole freakin thing behind the dash. I added them to my 04 and you can find all the detail in that linked thread I made of the adventure. A junkyard trip will most likely be required unless you cut the needed wiring from one of your other xBs that has it.....

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
142 Posts
Fixed the overheating issue on my current xB. Turned out to be a really easy fix, replaced radiator cap and a really short hose, and the hissing, gurgling, leaking mess is back to being troublefree just in time for the crazy Phoenix heat.

Lesson learned: Never again buy a used car from a junkyard.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
116 Posts
I got the tow hitch and wiring system from Curt, it was all bolt and clip in without any cutting or anything, if you don't count the muffler. I had to swing by a muffler shop real quick to modify the hangers on the aftermarket muffler that my buddy installed. I spent that little extra for the plug and play on the wiring unit, and I think it was worth it for ease of use.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
142 Posts
Spoke too soon. Coolant system started hissing yesterday on a short drive. Back to detective work on where it's leaking from...

Lesson learned: Don't jinx yourself by congratulating yourself too early into a repair.

·
Registered
05 silver stick
121 Posts
while doing a oil change
I got out my fog light stuff and looked at
what I have going on to installing them
found the plugs for the lights
everything looks good there up front
pop open the fuse cover
and in my middle relay spot is
no contacts to hook the relay up [email protected] grrr