Scion xB Forum banner
15701 - 15720 of 15741 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Did the same on mine back during modfest last year when first scoring it......all new 4" tgsx or somethin like that pioneers in dash, same 5.25" in rear and same 6.5" in doors. Also swapped t1804 to t1806 hu.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,711 Posts
Not sure exactly what I'm going to do to it today, but it's definitely going to be something different. I'm going to see how much fiberglass resin I have..... that's never a good sign........

Better Samy? I left it in the ground for you in these pictures....

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Not sure exactly what I'm going to do to it today, but it's definitely going to be something different. I'm going to see how much fiberglass resin I have..... that's never a good sign........

Better Samy? I left it in the ground for you in these pictures....

Looking good bro

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Old School xB Builder
1,711 Posts

·
Old School xB Builder
1,711 Posts
Reactions: bori_XB

·
Respect the VVT-I
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
85 Posts
Nothing as exciting as the cool pics in the past 2 posts, but I finally replaced my front sway arm bushings. HOLY MOLY what a difference!!! The microvan now steers and feels like it's on rails. It used to feel like I was drifting... ALL the time.

Took me way longer than it should have, but one of the original bolts was bent and scraped up so much that I had to grind it off. But now I'm extremely happy with the results.

Automotive tire Bumper Hood Wing Aviation

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Light

·
Old School xB Builder
1,711 Posts
Well I tore it all apart again. Currently sanding it all down again. I have the whole interior all apart and torn out and cut up. I put in a new OBX header.

I want to make a confession, I believe I have a problem. Kind of an addiction. I can't stop myself from making unnecessary changes to my Scions. This has been a problem that I've had since 2004.

Just when I get something done I decide to change it or add something else to it or I just get it all done look at it and say I'm not happy with it and start over. I might need counseling...

Reactions: se-r_dad

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Well I tore it all apart again. Currently sanding it all down again. I have the whole interior all apart and torn out and cut up. I put in a new OBX header.

I want to make a confession, I believe I have a problem. Kind of an addiction. I can't stop myself from making unnecessary changes to my Scions. This has been a problem that I've had since 2004.

Just when I get something done I decide to change it or add something else to it or I just get it all done look at it and say I'm not happy with it and start over. I might need counseling...

I have an idea .....In dyer moments like what you are describing you should consider selling to me instead of stripping it back down.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,711 Posts
I have an idea .....In dyer moments like what you are describing you should consider selling to me instead of stripping it back down.

Oops too late

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Nothing as exciting as the cool pics in the past 2 posts, but I finally replaced my front sway arm bushings. HOLY MOLY what a difference!!! The microvan now steers and feels like it's on rails. It used to feel like I was drifting... ALL the time.

Took me way longer than it should have, but one of the original bolts was bent and scraped up so much that I had to grind it off. But now I'm extremely happy with the results.

View attachment 79811

View attachment 79812
I felt the difference when I did mine.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,711 Posts
or......we could send you ours to feed your addiction. Lack of free time prevents me from having the same "problem"
I already have two going at once as it is....

Reactions: bori_XB

·
Registered
772 Posts
OK, Injen short ram install...........caca..... The instructions say NOTHING about included filter not fitting if you have fog lights. No way to adjust piping around it. Will involve using a custom filter with angled flange or something with smaller diameter on the end and/or a shorter filter. I'll put the oem with aFe drop-in back on before going without fogs. Will have to get some more exact clearance measurements and see who will have suitable dry flo filter that will work.

Number 2 suck is the prongs of the pipe support are too long to give front of battery suitable clearance and will need a trim IMO. Based on test fit would be very close if not rubbing front of battery. Not acceptable.

What doodoo.....not wanting to put oem back on just to wait on a filter to show up but I guess that's what it'll come to. Not impressed but not surprised either.

·
Registered
772 Posts
On 2nd thought, just might be boxing the Injen setup back up and just staying with oem/aFe setup. The oem intake sucks in air basically from the same area that the Injen sri does just up beside headlight instaed of below it. Wouldn't mind less clutter under the hood but not really worth the hassle and expense of another custom sized filter. Look for the Injen in a FS thread. Also have gone back to oem engine cover instead of the cf one because I just like the oem one better. That too will be coming to a FS thread when I get around to it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Fresh new battery, fresh uncorroded AEM tiedown, back to oem engine cover and staying with oem intake with aFe drop-in washable dry flo filter.......viola bingo fill it up and drive it.

15701 - 15720 of 15741 Posts