Scion xB Forum banner
15621 - 15628 of 15628 Posts

·
Respect the VVT-I
1,386 Posts
Gauge and pillar panel mock up success. Work in progress.........need 1/8 npt T fitting, route wiring, get water temp probe fitting like in pic above to do combination of finishing water temp gauge hookup with replacing radiator/heater hoses, adding flush/fill T and pouring in some fresh new coolant.................

View attachment 78754 View attachment 78755
How did you hook up the water temp? the electrical part of it. From where you took the 12v constant and 12v ignition

·
Registered
15 Posts
My last xB (rest its soul) overheated so I definitely wanted a temp gauge in my new xB. I put this “scan gauge” in and I love it! I didn’t want to splice wires or drill holes, this was literally plug and play. It reads and clears codes too, but I love that this gauge does water temp, air intake temp, and transmission temp. Plus all kinds of other things! I might move the gauge into the slot behind the steering wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
I pull all that info from a blutoof obdii adapter and torque app on my fon and have fon holder next to speedo. You can set up different type gauges on the 5 screens to display info however u like.

20201212_102431.jpg

Holder just grips dash....not connected to dash. Fon just sits in slot landscape.

·
Registered
643 Posts
How did you hook up the water temp? the electrical part of it. From where you took the 12v constant and 12v ignition
When i hook it up i will use add a circuit taps in fusebox for pwr sources. Plan on tapping dash lighting for gauge illumination so it'll dim with dimmer switch. The gauges are 7 color capable led lit.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,640 Posts
So my xb has been apart for paint for almost 2 months. we we're having a problem with my xB not going into gear all of a sudden when we tried to move it around at the shop. when we started the car we ended up having to press the neutral safety switch down to get it out of park. mines an 05 automatic. I thought that was strange because I've never had a problem with it before. I just figured I would figure it out later after it was painted.

I went to pull all the door windows out of
it and realize that I had no power to the window switches. I checked all of the fuses under the dash and in the fuse box under the hood. I then realized that the door lock actuators didn't work either meaning no power. After further investigation I realized that I had no power to anything other than ignition. It started up with no problems but nothing else worked. Nothing had power.

On the backside of the positive battery terminal you have that flat red box. inside that red box there are three fuse links, 60 amp, 120 amp, and another 60 amp.

Turns out that I had blown the main 120amp! You can see it in the pic its the one in the middle. The other photo is what the part actually looks like not blown. It's held in with you guessed it, 10 mm bolts! This apparently powers everything other than the ignition. This is the result of my air ride having a leak and my two 444 compressors kicking on and off trying to refill the air tank while the xb sitting there not running. Apparently the circuit breaker to the compressors where left on.

This is Not an expensive part I think the factory part is like $12.00 but where I live it has to be ordered. I included a photo of it being sold on eBay. As crazy as this sounds, I dug through all of my spare scion stuff and actually found that I already had one lol!

Just figured I would share this with you guys in case any of you ever have the same problem. I replaced the fusible link, everything works fine and the car even goes in and out of gear with no issue. Problem solved.

Got the windows out and can move forward on the paint work. More updates coming soon.

Sent from my pimped out xB

Reactions: 04_Toaster

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
So my xb has been apart for paint for almost 2 months. we we're having a problem with my xB not going into gear all of a sudden when we tried to move it around at the shop. when we started the car we ended up having to press the neutral safety switch down to get it out of park. mines an 05 automatic. I thought that was strange because I've never had a problem with it before. I just figured I would figure it out later after it was painted.

I went to pull all the door windows out of
it and realize that I had no power to the window switches. I checked all of the fuses under the dash and in the fuse box under the hood. I then realized that the door lock actuators didn't work either meaning no power. After further investigation I realized that I had no power to anything other than ignition. It started up with no problems but nothing else worked. Nothing had power.

On the backside of the positive battery terminal you have that flat red box. inside that red box there are three fuse links, 60 amp, 120 amp, and another 60 amp.

Turns out that I had blown the main 120amp! You can see it in the pic its the one in the middle. The other photo is what the part actually looks like not blown. It's held in with you guessed it, 10 mm bolts! This apparently powers everything other than the ignition. This is the result of my air ride having a leak and my two 444 compressors kicking on and off trying to refill the air tank while the xb sitting there not running. Apparently the circuit breaker to the compressors where left on.

This is Not an expensive part I think the factory part is like $12.00 but where I live it has to be ordered. I included a photo of it being sold on eBay. As crazy as this sounds, I dug through all of my spare scion stuff and actually found that I already had one lol!

Just figured I would share this with you guys in case any of you ever have the same problem. I replaced the fusible link, everything works fine and the car even goes in and out of gear with no issue. Problem solved.

Got the windows out and can move forward on the paint work. More updates coming soon.

Sent from my pimped out xB
Good to know, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Micah Scion xB 5 speed
85 Posts
Installed a charcoal activated cabin air filter. Turns out there wasn’t even a CAF in the slot. Previous owners never put a new one in after taking the old one out.

15621 - 15628 of 15628 Posts