Scion xB Forum banner
15601 - 15620 of 15640 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
Installed my new raceland coilovers, fix oil leak by replacing oil pan gasket, change the oil, new front brakes, installed my new 10mmm spacers, new air filters. She rides like a dream.
Some serious work! How do you like the ride with your Raceland's? Any tire rubbing issues after the 10mm shims install? Very smart to use the longer bolts with them. Good timing; looks like your old pads were getting just a wee bit thin.

·
Respect the VVT-I
1,389 Posts
Some serious work! How do you like the ride with your Raceland's? Any tire rubbing issues after the 10mm shims install? Very smart to use the longer bolts with them. Good timing; looks like your old pads were getting just a wee bit thin.
It rides waaaaay better. I have a small rub in the left rear passenger but it was expected due to fender not been fully rolled, I was very lucky finding a full brand new set of shims and hardware, now the wheels are squared. I think I had another 50k on the old pads lol... they were very bad lol.
20210606_161804.jpg

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,592 Posts
Saw folding controller on ebay other day....just dash switch tho....not sure if another piece is necessary.
You would also need the power folding mirrors from Japan. Then you have to run two wires into each door and re-pin the mirror controller harness for the two extra wires. Then swap the actual mirrors and mounting bases from the USDM ones over so they are angled correctly and the glass is on the correct sides.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You would also need the power folding mirrors from Japan. Then you have to run two wires into each door and re-pin the mirror controller harness for the two extra wires. Then swap the actual mirrors and mounting bases from the USDM ones over so they are angled correctly and the glass is on the correct sides.
Dude said he had the mirrors but not the folding switch......the part i was unsure about was controller needing to be different or that repinning was an option.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
It rides waaaaay better. I have a small rub in the left rear passenger but it was expected due to fender not been fully rolled, I was very lucky finding a full brand new set of shims and hardware, now the wheels are squared. I think I had another 50k on the old pads lol... they were very bad lol.
That squared look is great! I had a passenger rear tire rubbing problem with my TRD RHE 18's. It was a fender liner bolt at the ten o'clock position. I replaced it with a flat-head fastener and resolved the issue. Maybe it will be that simple for you.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
Dude said he had the mirrors but not the folding switch......the part i was unsure about was controller needing to be different or that repinning was an option.
What GregS wrote is exactly what you need.

Here is information from my notes when I installed my PFM in 2006.

Mirror connector on the door; facing.
BrownViolet - Red on xBBlack
Blue - to number 8 on mirror switchOpenGreen - To number 9 on mirror switch

Mirror switch on dash.
  1. Open
  2. Adjustment
  3. Adjustment
  4. Adjustment
  5. Adjustment
  6. Ground
  7. 12 volts with key in accessory position
  8. Blue wire (Yellow on xB)
  9. Green wire (White on xB)

·
Respect the VVT-I
1,389 Posts
That squared look is great! I had a passenger rear tire rubbing problem with my TRD RHE 18's. It was a fender liner bolt at the ten o'clock position. I replaced it with a flat-head fastener and resolved the issue. Maybe it will be that simple for you.
I bet is something silly just need the extra time to look into it lol.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,648 Posts
I've been trying to make these visors for the C pillars with one arm for weeks. I finally finished them today. 100% hand layed fiberglass. I made them to match my ESAM Visors. I made a mold probably a year ago for them. Its getting there... body work is almost complete. The side skirts and door skins are all molded in now. Getting close to seeing color....

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
I understand the ambivalence. Maybe try it without the hood mask? The unique quality of the Envy color might flow more for the billet without the dark contrast. My xB's mask is always on for long trips and I like the looks. I know yours is a one-off custom design, so that would be a shame to not have it on display.

I had Scion option Putco billets with my Nish FFF for a long time. Really like the style, but I went with another FFF that made the top billet impractical.

Front 3.jpg

·
Registered
658 Posts
billet looks better with all billet instead of mix of black and billet IMO.....................but who am I?

·
Respect the VVT-I
1,389 Posts
I understand the ambivalence. Maybe try it without the hood mask? The unique quality of the Envy color might flow more for the billet without the dark contrast. My xB's mask is always on for long trips and I like the looks. I know yours is a one-off custom design, so that would be a shame to not have it on display.

I had Scion option Putco billets with my Nish FFF for a long time. Really like the style, but I went with another FFF that made the top billet impractical.

View attachment 79449
Yours looks bad ass... in gonna use it for a few days to see if not I'm gonna pass it on.

15601 - 15620 of 15640 Posts