Scion xB Forum banner
15541 - 15560 of 15629 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Got the 3rd brake light flasher module today. Waiting on the new 7443 long life halogens to go back in tails then install. This way I'll have nice bright tails/brakes and the LED 3rd brake light will do the flashing instead of the weak 7443 LED strobe bulbs. LED tails and brakes are noticeably dimmer than oem. Not likin that setup.

red yellow black are positive, light & ground.....white blue and green unconnected = slow flash. Green and white connected = medium flash. Blue and green connected = fast flash. Will be going with medium setup based on video demo of all 3 modes.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,645 Posts
Yes sir

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,589 Posts
Good save! Glad you are okay and had the presence of mind to apply the e-brake.
Are you going with the steel lines all around?
Yep, new braided stainless lines all around. They came in yesterday and it's off to the mechanics on Monday morning.

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
44 Posts
Im gona try and start a new thread on "What did u do to your XB today"

I'll start.

I put my winter tires away and put my spring/summer tires back on. Lowered it back down and put my Tusdo (sp) back on.

J.
I bought a Jensen CAR689 touchscreen, a Kenwood 4x100w amplifier and a Cerwin Vega 10” 550w underwear subwoofer.
I discovered that when buying from Crutchfield, they will make up the stereo to OEM plug in adapters and the steering wheel control plugs.
Legit plug and play. If I could only find the time to throw it in...

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
I bought a Jensen CAR689 touchscreen, a Kenwood 4x100w amplifier and a Cerwin Vega 10” 550w underwear subwoofer. I discovered that when buying from Crutchfield, they will make up the stereo to OEM plug in adapters and the steering wheel control plugs. Legit plug and play. If I could only find the time to throw it in...
"...10” 550w underwear subwoofer?" 👀 Too many puns and jokes to choose from and to use here.

Also, did you change out any of the OEM speakers?

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
44 Posts
"...10” 550w underwear subwoofer?" 👀 Too many puns and jokes to choose from and to use here.

Also, did you change out any of the OEM speakers?
Haha. Auto correct got me again. I didn’t get new speakers yet but I plan to. Just need to find the right balance between quality and price

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
Interested to see what you choose for the rear speakers. I have tried a couple of different ones, but they still are pretty useless.

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
44 Posts
Interested to see what you choose for the rear speakers. I have tried a couple of different ones, but they still are pretty useless.
I’ve heard that from some other people. Just to share, if you are using the stock Pioneer head unit, hold the center button down and you’ll be able to cycle through until it says xB. That’s how mine was. You probably already know that trick.

·
**** in a Box
1,494 Posts
The Box will be going on a lift soon to diagnose why my steering wheel vibrates like a demon sex toy at 60+ miles per hour. Not particularly fun on the drag strip or highways around here. I think I've shucked a wheel weight, but usually I can tell which corner is screwed when that happens. Maybe I need to do a suspension refresh.

This year will be a fresh dip as well so I've been planning that out. I have four project cars now plus the Box, so I've been a very busy woman lately.

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
44 Posts
The Box will be going on a lift soon to diagnose why my steering wheel vibrates like a demon sex toy at 60+ miles per hour. Not particularly fun on the drag strip or highways around here. I think I've shucked a wheel weight, but usually I can tell which corner is screwed when that happens. Maybe I need to do a suspension refresh.

This year will be a fresh dip as well so I've been planning that out. I have four project cars now plus the Box, so I've been a very busy woman lately.
It’s pretty darn funny how we go from wheel weight to suspension refresh! Lol. I couldn’t get the iPod plug to work so I bought a whole new system! You’re awesome. Now you got me thinking...my box is 15 years old. Maybe I need a suspension refresh too!

Keep us posted what you find. It actually sounds like a serious safety issue no matter what the cause

Dave

·
**** in a Box
1,494 Posts
It’s pretty darn funny how we go from wheel weight to suspension refresh! Lol. I couldn’t get the iPod plug to work so I bought a whole new system! You’re awesome. Now you got me thinking...my box is 15 years old. Maybe I need a suspension refresh too!

Keep us posted what you find. It actually sounds like a serious safety issue no matter what the cause

Dave
Hahaha I'm absolutely guilty of going overboard on repairs, but it's always for the better. Remember that children's book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie"? That's me to a tee. If I'm down here I might as welllllll replace this and that... oh and this thing is cheap so I might as well do it too... BAM a whole project. I know I'm due for a brake refresh at least since I drive the Box like I stole it.

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
44 Posts
Icedragon got me thinking, what if I lost a wheel weight? Hahaha!! So now I’m at the shop getting a new set of Maxxum Ferris Polished and Black wheels and new tires. Time for some overtime! 😂

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
... This year will be a fresh dip as well so I've been planning that out. I have four project cars now plus the Box, so I've been a very busy woman lately.
I know you have a lot going on, however, when you redip please post some pictures. Maybe even a DIY post?

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
Removed the OEM fibrous insulation from the roof interior in preparation of adding aftermarket sound deadening. Used a plastic spatula to separate the eight sections of matting from the roof, and a cordless household vacuum with a powered rotary brush to wear down the adhesive residue with embedded fibers. Then used a degreaser permeated wipe to clear the remaining residue.
Waited until weather turned hot and humid instead of working in cooler weather yesterday.😬
Roof 1.JPG Tools.JPG Roof 2.JPG

·
Registered
655 Posts
oooooo, it's about to get silent upintheya............and stay cooler and/or warmer at appropriate times.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Went ahead and wired up the 3rd brake light flasher and put halogens back in tails. The flasher unit and extra wiring tucked up nicely in hatch like it was and the 2nd gen LED unit flashes 4 times then solid. I'll see if I can get a little video of it......................
Oh well.......mp4 not allowed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Against my mechanics recommendations, I drove this old girl back across the country after frying it in Oregon. I cannot believe it made it.
Anybody know an affordable mechanic in the Carolinas? I would love to swap the motor and keep it forever but I’m not sure if the $4k is worth it.

15541 - 15560 of 15629 Posts