Scion xB Forum banner

15501 - 15520 of 15567 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,047 Posts
Last picture is a reference of what I'm kinda building Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
I wondered if you bought a BCP. I like the parking pole; usually see them on the passenger side. No location showing for the tow hook on the aftermarket front; or maybe the picture is flipped.

Waiting to see the headlamp results!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Shoved a coin tray in in place of the ashtray.....smoker package fully removed. The coin is a motorola bluetoof and it's charging cord.

20210427_155228.jpg
20210427_155212.jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
i like the blackout aspects of it more than the drinks being up there.......so now you have 5 cupholders?

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,047 Posts
Installed a rear camera using a behind the license plate mount. While both license plate light housings and bulb sockets were off the xB I replaced both of them.
1.JPG Used the wiring access port under the hatch handle to run the camera's power and video cables.
2.JPG The video cable's RCA connector is too big to fit through the grommet's tube end. I cut a small slit at the top of the membrane for the cables. Used flexible body caulk on both sides to seal the slit.
3.JPG Used one of the hatch's interior wiring ground bolts for attaching the camera's ground.
4.JPG Test fit camera; the mount has a lot of adjustment to clear the license plate.
5.JPG Used the OEM wire loom to run the camera's power wire and video cable from the hatch to the interior.
6.JPG Tapped onto the reverse light's wire to provide the camera's positive power. Tested the monitor successfully and will install it later.
7.JPG Still have good access to the hatch's unlock switch.
8.jpg Not a factory look, but not too bad looking for an aftermarket camera.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do you like the feel of the xB after the sway bar install?

What body parts are you replacing?
Just driving down the road to break in my new brakes was better than without the bar. I will really know tomorrow after work. I usually drive with some spirit so it will get put to the test. As for body parts my front bumper has a crease in it from a past owner, the driver side fender too, and my hood is just horrible. I would rather replace it than try to sand it down and all that. After I get that all done I will get some paint on it and the. Grab a rear wing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just driving down the road to break in my new brakes was better than without the bar. I will really know tomorrow after work. I usually drive with some spirit so it will get put to the test.
I took a drive through the local canyon/mountain roads after installing that same sway bar. It’s quite the improvement for sure, I was definitely surprised.

I also have a front Hotchkis one that I need to get installed. Not sure if I trust myself dropping the subframe to install it, per the instructions. That’s on the list of things to do this year.

15501 - 15520 of 15567 Posts