Scion xB Forum banner

15481 - 15500 of 15567 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,047 Posts
Replaced the left hand front bumper extension mounting bracket. The section many people call "that little plastic part of the lower grille". First loss of one in sixteen years and three months. A lot of the Gen1's lost these, but I had always been lucky, until today.

Bracket Extension.jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
one of mine can go nowhere unless the towhook magically unscrews itself and takes the grill extension. On passenger side, I have to depend on the little plastic leash doodad.

20200330_150929.jpg

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,047 Posts
I do not know why the anchor line did not hold mine to the car; at least like a dangling participle :cool:. Do they teach about that anymore? I might add a small black sheet metal screw to secure the piece. I have noticed the tow hook on your xB, looks good.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Replaced the left hand front bumper extension mounting bracket. The section many people call "that little plastic part of the lower grille". First loss of one in sixteen years and three months. A lot of the Gen1's lost these, but I had always been lucky, until today.

View attachment 79095
Mmmmmmmm, that grill looks sweet, and very familiar too. Glad to see you got your Box from the shop.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Kazoku
381 Posts
View attachment 79075

I have this patch in my Tacoma but just scored the 200k one since it is nearing that mark so this one will end up in the xB in about 8k when it crosses the 100k mark...............maybe some of y'all need/want 100k, 200k, 300k, 400k or 500k versions

What’s that Tacoma look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Kazoku
381 Posts
Got fed up with the Alpine radio that came with the xB. It had a date code of 2007, had shitty tribal graphics and didn’t even have Bluetooth. Found this radio from a 2014 xB on Facebook marketplace for $70 and decided to take a chance on it. Really liking it so far.

·
Registered
575 Posts
What’s that Tacoma look like?

3ECFBB7B-8272-4B85-B1B2-9F45611DA6AB.png

08 SR5 regular cab 5spd buckets console 2011 grill 2012 sport blinker mirrors 2013 st wheel 2016 black visors trd skid trd gas tank skid bilstein 5100s v6 hitch ar fuel wheels nitto terra grappler tires led 3rd brake light led rev led tails led dome led underhood lighting black window cranks black vinyl armrest covers avs ventguards weathertechs morimoto fogs double cab storage bins behind seats locking tailgate trifold hard tonneau cover bluetooth usb aux custom oem 6 disc compass/temp/maplight/homelink/autodim rr view obx pedal covers custom baked blacked out headlights led light bar 09 lower dash panel cb blah blah blah and more

·
Registered
575 Posts
Scored a grom audio and2 usb/aux box for $0 to replace the cheapy crap audio one in there now. Don't really care about giving up the bluetooth option for fon on it since I never use that anyway. Rather have better audio from the usb. have groms in 2 of some sort my other cars and audio is great from those. this one is android so i can still hook fon up to aux cable if I wanted so it is acceptable tradeoff.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,047 Posts
08 SR5 regular cab 5spd ...
Quite an OTR vehicle! Great picture setting and pose. Could pass for a borderline DOT Class 6 rig with just under a CDL Class A requirement 😎. A Health Card at the least. DOT motel men seldom check only for a card 🙄.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,047 Posts
Mmmmmmmm, that grill looks sweet, and very familiar too. Glad to see you got your Box from the shop. Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
Yes sir, it is your former imitation Firesports FFF you expertly modified from JDM to USDM.

The xB had a complete reseal of each roof channel, all rear body seams above taillamps level, seams under the hatch gasket, and both rear body side glass. Windshield pulled, hatch pulled, and a repaint of the roof and all resealed areas. Beautiful quality work, very pleased.

·
Registered
575 Posts
nice, cavalry blue...........have had toyotas since early 70s. Had 82 hilux for about 27 yrs and 750k miles....2018 rav4 se is wife's ride. wait , how'd that Mazda get in there?

20200410_113641.jpg

This thing was regular, lowered with removable hardtop and lastly......prerunner......tank.....25 mpg, r12 AC, $13 inspection. So many memories of fun in this thing.
DSCN0637.JPG

DSCN0639.JPG

DSCN0102.JPG

·
Registered
575 Posts
Swapped in the grom audio android2 usb/aux unit and ditched the craptacular one I had. Much better audio and no need to have the extra function switch the other one had to switch from usb to aux to bluetooth. 143 mp3s on disc in HU and 4gb more of mp3s on the usb drive. Plenty of tunes. Plus, the fon will run off the aux cable and play whatever is on it or stream whatever from wherever. Threw the Motorola earpiece in the oven for hands free fon action if I so choose. Free audio upgrade from the POS clutsy one, woohoo!

20210410_121516.jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
blue...interesting.......what hu and colors on it?......is speedo still white and clock still yellow? cupholder lighting? underdash lighting?

·
Registered
10 Posts
blue...interesting.......what hu and colors on it?......is speedo still white and clock still yellow? cupholder lighting? underdash lighting?
I have a sony touchscreen HU. Speedo is still white for now and the clock has soldered lights. Haven't dived into that yet. I'll get a pic of it all when I am in the car at night.

15481 - 15500 of 15567 Posts