Scion xB Forum banner

15461 - 15480 of 15481 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well took the time to figure the wiper fluid hose was not connected on the hood and went to oreillys which was laughable to see about some replacement parts. Guess I will just order the back wiper arm on Amazon and use zip ties to keep the hose on. Still looking on how to make a new shifter cover with Pokémon fabric.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Y’all, I thought I finally killed this thing. My 05 now has 302k on it, I drove it cross country from the east to west coast in February. It did better than expected on the trip, even with a little oil leak. The battery froze in an ice storm in Pennsylvania, terrifying to see the gauges not moving, but it warmed up quickly. All the windows and windshield froze over in Nebraska, and it was pushing almost 6rpms steadily trying to cut through the wind in Wyoming. Last week, I tried to take it up the Siskiyou Pass in Oregon. A trucker was going 35 on the highway trying to get up the hill, he starts sliding backwards into me, so I blasted out into the left lane and cooked up the mountain. Well, the car is loaded down, it overheated and just totally died. I blew out 2 of 4 cylinders, head gasket, cooling system was shot, and had her towed 150 miles back to California.

I cannot kill this car!!! $600 later, new spark plugs, coils, water pump (this is the 4th water pump... a task I would not wish on my enemy), threw some Blue Devil (miracle juice!) in the head gasket, and away we go ! She’s back to running on all 4 cylinders and I think I can get 10k more miles before a motor swap if I don’t beat the hell out of it.

Added a “glamour shot” of Mt Shasta! Has anyone ever installed a temp gauge?

0010F2E2-0DED-4D21-B1FA-8726484E0159.jpeg

·
Registered
522 Posts

I have this patch in my Tacoma but just scored the 200k one since it is nearing that mark so this one will end up in the xB in about 8k when it crosses the 100k mark...............maybe some of y'all need/want 100k, 200k, 300k, 400k or 500k versions

·
Registered
522 Posts
Caught me mid edit...........check updated post above with link. Velcro back and stick to headliner. Good prices too.............

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB (Bomber Betty)
2,733 Posts
Has anyone ever installed a temp gauge?
I'm glad it's still kicking. I've contemplated it in the past but I just ran a bluetooth OBD2 scanner with a gauge app on my phone. There are several people over the years to install them. Some put them in the pillar pods, some buy the pod that goes on the steering column cover, others modify their "ovens", and I've even seen them put them in the dash. It really just depends on what look you want.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a dual pillar pod gauges.....LED 7 color water temp and oil pressure. When I get finished procrastinating I will run wiring and replace all hoses and antifreeze, got the connection for temp probe that is spliced into radiator hose, all hoses including heater hoses, new radiator cap, new thermostat and flush/fill kit going on the heater hose to make flushing whole system a simpler thing in the future. Oil pressure is also electric version and just need the T fitting to run oem dummy light and gauge. So many projects, so little free time......but the gauges are mounted. It's a start. IMO, they would look best to left of speedo in 2 holes drilled in dash panel but alas, back to too little time to pull dash to make it happen.....or too full of excuses.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Where'd ya find the scion shell? I like that better than the Toyota one. I haven't gotten the key cut for it yet either so swapping to Scion one would be cool.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
992 Posts
Where'd ya find the scion shell? I like that better than the Toyota one. I haven't gotten the key cut for it yet either so swapping to Scion one would be cool.
Basic blank shell, then added a swag pin from a Scion Exposed event. Drilled, countersunk, glued.

s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
522 Posts
Basic blank shell, then added a swag pin from a Scion Exposed event. Drilled, countersunk, glued.

View attachment 79089
oh, so custom on top of custom one off craftiness.......sneaky. I wondered at first if it was something you had on hand but was hoping you had found something I missed in my searching.

·
Registered
522 Posts
knock sensor? A buddy of mine had one and that sensor was buried somewhere hard to get to.

15461 - 15480 of 15481 Posts