Scion xB Forum banner

15441 - 15460 of 15481 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
992 Posts
The OTG's were top quality with Grade 8 bolts. I sold them when I installed my rear disc brakes which has a 10mm backing plate.

On this site is a member named Mike, user name Rcurry23, in Mount Juliet, Tennessee. He is a machinist who used to market his own high quality spacers of several sizes. I have not seen him on here in a few years, but his account is active and it is worth a message to him if you cannot locate the ones you want.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would just run a positive wire from ignition controlled source using an add-a-circuit thing in fuse box when i get unlazy. That will idiot proof my fogs.....what I did do was get combo key in mail, program it and then got it cut to operate ignition. All in one key, no more fob. Next up will be getting another combo key and putting circuit board in a flip key shell.

20210323_175208.jpg

·
Registered
522 Posts

already ordered another one and the flip key shell....

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you haven't gotten the key cut yet then you'll need your working to do the program procedure but leave the fob in the house. I did my combo key that way to make sure it would work before chasing around to get key cut.

I'm going this route with another combo key now that I know it works with our car and this shell that the circuit board from the combo key fits in so that I have no trunk button to ignore and it was $30 instead of $40 to do it the other way with the premade flip key options. All the ones I found had the extra button on them.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I programmed my new fob first to make sure it would unlock/lock/panic before bothering having the key cut. I used the old key for programming procedure because at some point it requires you to turn ignition to on position without starting car and you cannot do that with uncut key. I took the new key/remote and just the old key to car leaving old fob in house. All the old key is for is to turn ignition on during process but you are pushing the buttons on the new remote. Took me about 3 trys to do it all in correct order even with procedure printed out on paper in my lap. In the end your new remote will lock/unlock and do panic function and then take it and old key to place and have it copied. I got mine done at Ace hardware and they actually did it for free. Lowe's had automatic machine and couldn't do it. Ace had the old school manual key cutter. The programming procedure is in that key fob thread......let us know how it works out. Should be just fine. Not sure what kind of fun you'll have if you take key to dealer and try to have them cut it using your VIN. Betting that'll be a circus of horrors and not a free one.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Test fit the road bike on the new roof rack setup. Fits great, solid mount. Front tire rides standing in rear seat floorboard perfectly.............

20210327_081052.jpg
20210327_081110.jpg
20210327_081123.jpg
20210327_082203.jpg

Above option for clean bikes........dirty bike option below................

20200314_143658.jpg
20200314_143649.jpg

or both options for 4 bikes.................

·
Registered
522 Posts
Rack test...big A bike on a small car. Only went from shop to house maybe a mile after having new tubeless tires and upgraded fork parts put in......wouldn't go anywhere else like this. Need the truck for this monster. Road bike OK...this one, sketchy. But it made it.....

20210330_171151.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Test fit the road bike on the new roof rack setup. Fits great, solid mount. Front tire rides standing in rear seat floorboard perfectly.............

View attachment 79024 View attachment 79025 View attachment 79026 View attachment 79027

Above option for clean bikes........dirty bike option below................

View attachment 79029 View attachment 79030

or both options for 4 bikes.................
When we drive a. Toaster on wheels almost everything is sketchy. Nice use of, “where there’s a will , there’s a way”, philosophy. I’m mounting a hitch on my ride wry soon just for that purpose.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Never done those, easy to do?
It seemed easy. The rear ones are a little tricky to remove as it has two clips vs the fronts which have one. Once they were removed, it was fairly easy to put the new ones in and clip them into place. The set of 4 cost me $171.55 from ebay.

·
Respect the VVT-I
1,362 Posts
Well, that is crap!. Can they exchange them?

Also, can those extend out from the wheel hub, like the slashers on James Bond's Aston Martin DB5? 😎
Lol, 007. I did contact them but who knows when I'll get an answer. They actually don't stick out that far, I've seen longer spikes lol. I definitely dig the color of the lugnuts, it matches my Rs3.

15441 - 15460 of 15481 Posts