Scion xB Forum banner

15241 - 15249 of 15249 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Saw thread where you could have someone slam the door while you push the button to roll window down......somethin about mechanism being stuck after rolling it up. My rear passenger window didn't roll down when i bought mine and previous owner said it worked occasionally. I had wife slam door while i was holding button to roll it down and it worked 1st time and hasn't had an issue since then. Hopefully it's that easy for you....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fresh start for the box today.......new inspection, new title, new registration, new plates = MINE!......officially now. After how many mods and such already? A bit out of order but (pun warning ahead) all squared away finally.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,575 Posts
I swore at my '04 XB needs fuel regulator I can not find its location!!
PM me your email address.

It's inside the fuel tank I'll send you the directions

Attachments

Reactions: DickInABox

·
Registered
2 Posts
I built a pretty crappy but workable rear bed extension.

Removed rear seats (but kept the incredibly $h!7tily welded metal mount for the seat), ran a sheet of OSB (hey, it's the pandemic, there's a plywood shortage... and maybe i'm cheap...) from the rear of the trunk up to the front seats, cut it in half, made wooden feet, and a frame out of 1x2 furring under the OSB to strengthen it. Added hinges so it can flip up to expose storage underneath, and the rear seats can even be reinstalled with it flipped back.

Now I can slide stuff in from the trunk all the way up to the front seats, lay out and take a nap, etc. Yeah you can kinda do that already with the fold-down seats, but they don't really fold flat or extend all the way up. Basically it's just easier to car camp / road trip now, and gives a bit more cargo space. Removing the cargo box with the spare would open up even more room, but I'd rather have the spare with me so might as well keep the box.

All in all it was way more annoying and time-consuming to build than I imagined. I don't recommend it unless you're pretty handy already.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I can't quite picture it........musta overused my imagination this week so how bout some pics?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wood also make the box a handy economical delivery vehicle for several different missions nowadays of small to medium sized objex....

15241 - 15249 of 15249 Posts