Scion xB Forum banner

15161 - 15178 of 15178 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Machine flush is not recommended for vehicles with high mileage. I did drain and fill, cranked it, went through all the gears, turn off, and do it all over two more times. Your fluid will all be fresh and red like new , torque converter as well. Many have reported that after a machine flush their transmission goes toast. This is because tiny metal shavings from normal wear gets pushed into places they should not be in. Transmission in an automatic has many channels like inside an ant hill where fluid travels.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
Went in for the same service with my trusted mechanic and he said the same thing. I had no idea but it makes perfect sense. Kinda reminds me of the theory why Mr. Burns never gets sick on the simpsons.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,570 Posts
Added 17x7+20 Work Carving Head 40 wheels. Adding air ride today too. Going on my black xb.

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Respect the VVT-I
1,278 Posts
What size are those? Sorry about your starter, it looks great sitting in the driveway

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
Thanks, these are 16x8 with a wacky 0 offset with 195/50s. At least I was able to drive around the block before it crap out lol, replacing tomorrow

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm slowing down on my daily stuff because everything I want to do cost so much more. Any ideas? Inexpensive little bits or upgrades?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Vent guards are nice for venting heat and keeping out rain. Also nice in winter to vent heater. Condensation fighters. Went in channel AVS on mine but there are several types from inconspicuous to sassy.

Yeah, slowing down on things other than maintenance here too. Have the oem footwell lighting kit in green left to install. Thinking of maybe just doing switched but mounting switch between cupholders or to front left of shifter bezel instead of behind the shifter. Also on side of console up front could be a thing. Savoring the project.....not procrastination of another wiring project, maybe. Time to just keep driving it and enjoying the fun.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Vent guards are nice for venting heat and keeping out rain. Also nice in winter to vent heater. Condensation fighters. Went in channel AVS on mine but there are several types from inconspicuous to sassy.
I have the the hood bug deflector but I'm not a fan of the vent guard look. I think like you it's time to just enjoy my box a bit so I can save up for the custom hitch.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,570 Posts
Bagged her...

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I was just gifted a personalized license plate for a former box owner. I can't use it but does anyone have any ideas on what to do with the single plate? I want to use it on my box somehow.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,570 Posts
I doubt seriously you can use it. other than hang on your wall as a memento. normally with a personalized plate, you have to surrender it back into the state once you take the registration off of it for change to a regular plate. In most states, if I have a personalized plate and I cancel your insurance or sell the vehicle, you're supposed to return that plate to the DMV. It may be different where you are.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mine is a bug deflector, not expecting it work work on rocks......

96348284-381F-4C56-9F00-7DD783BB9FFA.jpeg

and it doesn't work on bugs either because they hit the windshield anyway. These only work on things that hit them, not that go over them.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,570 Posts
Drove my xB 728 miles round trip for a benefit car show along with my club FREAKS OF NATURE to attend the Down 4 Dennis benefit car show in Bluefield, VA on Sat.

The show was originally supposed to be held in West Virginia but due to the covin crap, they had to move it to the fairgrounds in Virginia across the state line.

Reactions: OhMannuel
15161 - 15178 of 15178 Posts