Scion xB Forum banner

15041 - 15060 of 15118 Posts

·
Bock's Car
1,094 Posts
Maybe if you make the inner part of the doors where they butt together angled as well it will open easier? Basically so one door is in front of the other.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Today had some ups and downs.

I removed the logo only to find out the last owner repainted the hatch. So now I'll paint the logo back and put it back.

My son and I also installed a TRD emblem on the grill.
I also found out that my driver side window motor is giving out. It stopped halfway today. I checked the fuses and they were fine. An hour later it worked.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm on my own with mods, lol. Kids don't care, grandkids too young....all girls so not really expecting them to either.

The dead pedal is footrest left of clutch. Looks like pedal but does nothing. Guessing that is how the name came about.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My son and I also installed a TRD emblem on the grill.
I also found out that my driver side window motor is giving out. It stopped halfway today. I checked the fuses and they were fine. An hour later it worked.
Diggin the emblem - might be copying that, lol.

I spy another easy mod for you to do together.......bumper fogs. You can find some on ebay fairly inexspensively that come with lights and factory type switch that fits in lower dash blank. You can get clear, smoked or yellow. The wiring is already in place and connectors can be found inside bumper on each side and switch plug is in lower dash harness area taped to other wiring. Just pop out bumper plates and lower dash blank and plug n play happens. I wanted clear when off but yellow when on so I got clears and put 3000k led bulbs in them (which are yellow when on) and scored the actual oem switch on junkyard trip. The ebay one was fine though and looks the same.

20200423_121628.jpg
20200419_144616.jpg
20200512_131048.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
To be fair I would still be as into this even if my boy didn't care lol. It's just better for me that I have a partner in crime.
I like the fog light mod, I'll start looking into that. Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just ordered PTS21-52035-06 green LED footwell lighting kit from toyotapartsdeal until I can find the JDM kit that does footwell and keyring......pacifier of sorts 😁

Also....have black energy suspension front sway bar bushings and endlink bushings that'll be going in this weekend.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Up front is oem sway bar...just replacing bushings/endlinks. Rear sway bar I went with is Progressive 22mm bar. Just bolts to trailing link on both sides and has no bushings to worry about. Only one I've found for rear, didn't feel the need to change front one...............

progressrearsway.jpg
20200610_162226.jpg
20200610_162412.jpg

·
Old School xB Builder
1,563 Posts
Maybe if you make the inner part of the doors where they butt together angled as well it will open easier? Basically so one door is in front of the other.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Garage time....

Just tacked in place thus far.

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot about little experiment in progress..........xA / 2nd gen xB rear wiper arm. IMO, a little cleaner looking but wipes about 2" lower at top of arc due to shorter arm. If you look close in pic you can see difference in the dust towards left side of window. Blade is still same length. Trying it out to see if I stay with it or go back to 1st gen setup.......

20200627_082221.jpg

....how bout that rear wheel well accent? I think I like it, lol..............

·
Registered
242 Posts
yeah, it rains pretty often here so it is needed. the one on it was touching the glass and starting to scratch it. tried to file inside of arm down so it wouldn't but no luck. ordered this one by accident and just gave it a shot. i do have another correct one on the way but may just leave the xA one on there.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Blacked out the logo

Rear bumper guard. And blacked out the xB logo. I need to figure out how to remove the scion logo in the back so black that out.

15041 - 15060 of 15118 Posts