Scion xB Forum banner

15021 - 15040 of 15125 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
After I got off work this morning I started by replacing 2 lug studs since they cross thread one and broke another when mounting my wheels last week. Went better than I expected. Only took 30 min.

·
Registered
522 Posts
After I got home I got to work on putting the headliner and pillars into the car. Tucking the fabric around the sunroof was by far the worst part. But I think it looks pretty good even though its not finished yet.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice looking . How much does it cost to get a sunroof put in?
Thanks
This sunroof cost me $650 through Sunroof Doctor. No labor. I did the install myself.

Originally, about 10 years ago, I found a used sunroof on e-bay for $100. Bought it and had to grow the balls to cut a hole in the roof with a angle grinder myself. Took my time with it, and it came out good in the end. Didn't leak for 7 years, then the motor died and I couldn't get the sunroof to close. Looked for a motor and it cost $165. I said screw that, that's more than I paid for the sunroof. So I siliconed it shut. Then a year and a half ago I decided to spend the money on the motor. Removed all the silicon but damaged the seal in the process and the sunroof leaked. No one sold a seal for the old sunroof anymore, I tried just about every seal available online or at home depot. Tried making my own, nothing worked. It was like taking a cold shower when it rained. I've had the headliner out of the car for the last year to prevent more water damage. Bit the bullet and just paid for an entirely new sunroof. Now I'm able to drive a car that doesn't get flooded! And that's not even an exaggeration. I had over an inch of water on the floorboards after a heavy rain. And I had to drain plugs removed to allow the majority of the water to just run out of the car. It was terrible.

·
see you in surgery
339 Posts
Well it turned out nice after all of that... I bought mine new. After years of work and buying parts, I
Got bored with it.
But the past few months I have been working on it , I’m buying parts again, after checking out some of threads on here.
I have spent a ton of money on suspension and braces for my xB .
Stuff that you can’t real show off unless you’re under my car .
Nice work on your xB ,I’m envious of the work you’ve done on your interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dropped $45 on 2 qts of royal purple 75-90w gear oil for boxgearbox......another thing I'm considering po never did but now will have fresh timestamp on. Doing the vent removal on top method vs using fill hole on side of gearbox to refill.......

·
Old School xB Builder
1,563 Posts
I didn't like the hatch. So I started over with an extra hatch. [/IMG]

Sent from my pimped out xB

Reactions: chrisdesil

·
Old School xB Builder
1,563 Posts
Reactions: bori_XB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Over the weekend, I changed out my thermostat and the 3 hoses for the radiator (upped/lower/reservoir), as well as changed out the coolant. It looked really good for 181k so I’m assuming my sister had the cooling system taken care of before I got it.

I also got around to installing the CF lip I had literally lying around and it looks great. Theres not much support that would normally bolt to the underside or clip into something but I need to figure out how I’m going to do that. Made it easier that I had to remove the bumper to facilitate the coolant/hose swap.

That being said, I looked around the radiator fan motor area and traced it out to a resistor. However, I’m not too good with electrical stuff, but I think the cooling fan resistor may be the cause of my rough-ish idle when the AC is on. The value printed on it is 1.3ohm and I read about 1.6ish with my meter and the resistor disconnected from the box. It’s located right under the driver headlight behind the bumper. I’ve heard that a bad resistor can be an open circuit also. I got these pics from eBay so the only markings that are the same are the part number and the ohm value, not the 8H.

Guess my question is, would a bad fan motor resistor cause a higher than normal load at idle that could make it almost stall?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Changed gear oil.....at least there was some in it......med brown but felt OK slippery on my fingers. 2ish qts out....2 qts royal purple 75-90w put back in. Went for nice 15mile drive at various speeds up to 70 to splash it all around some. Didn't feel much different than before so whatever was in it for however long, if not from factory, wasn't beat up too horribly. At least, now I know what is in it and have mileage and time stamp of it now.

Next thing in that unknown realm to be done will be radiator/heater hoses, thermostat and new factory pink stuff to refill it with. Already have new TRD radiator cap coming.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, (new member) I used some edge trim to clean up the lip of the front, I put on a 12in mirror, cleaned up some dingle-berries from the back, changed a fuse for the inverter, and I shaved that foot rest thing because I kept hitting it when I used the clutch. I also made a little sign for all the Los Angeles A-holes who always think you're going to slow even at 80mph. haha. Most of the work I do is with my boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks like the bumper got trimmed, I don't see a lip. Mine was also missing the lower grill end pieces when I got it. Just ordered that dead pedal and have 5spd so I'll have to see how that works out for me. Hit us up with more history of your ride and more pics......I'm sure I'm boring folks with mine about now......fairly new here too and getting up to speed on what all is still out there to "accessorize" the toaster with........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like the bumper got trimmed, I don't see a lip. Mine was also missing the lower grill end pieces when I got it. Just ordered that dead pedal and have 5spd so I'll have to see how that works out for me.
Yeah I removed the lips and side skirts I cleaned it up a little bit in the front, still waiting on parts for the back. What's a death pedal?

15021 - 15040 of 15125 Posts