Scion xB Forum banner

14981 - 14997 of 14997 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks again Myopic.........front done, now about that hatch..............

20200522_163338.jpg

got the xB, also courtesy of Myopic. Waiting on the 1.5L to go opposite of xB ..........

·
Registered
184 Posts
So if I splice a water temp gauge sensor adapter into radiator hose, would 38mm be the right size or 34 mm? The OD of the hose looks to be 37 or 38 mm. I figured 38mm on adapter would make it nice snug fit since ID of hose would probably be a bit smaller. It comes with clamps but trying to get nice snug fit from hose to adapter. Not sure if 34mm is right or would be too loose. One of these.......

·
Registered
184 Posts
Esta es mi cuela nuevo..............

20200523_195403.jpg

The bB badge came off in about 15 seconds with fishing line, wd40 and some gloves. The adhesive took about an hour, good bit of wife's finger nail polish remover & extreme hand grunt to remove. Not super stoked on the 7.5L badge - it may take a hike. Yes, the 1 looks like a 7 to me and the font clashes with the xB font.

Also removed the bB puffy sticker from center of bumper protector and found something to put in it's place..............

bumper emblem.jpg

.....and if it doesn't fit in that little square area in center of it then it'll just stay blank. The protector and left side of hatch may end up blank. Seems like it may be a bit cluttery with all of them. Opinions welcome............

Found the DC Sports 1.5-2" x 3.75" double wall exh tip but it's just a bit much for me. My Mazda is my super rice JDM yo mobile. Think I'm staying with the Pilot tip in the pic above....at least for now. What diameter is the valor tip?

Coolness of the day was the adj int wiper stalk showing up and being installed but yeah, no rr int action, just a dead spot in the switch....2 off positions, lol.......for now. I'm researching an int control board and wiring it in back in hatch by wiper motor.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Ripped out my 24 year old, leaking sunroof. I intended to vinyl wrap the roof and install a new sun roof. But I ballsed up the vinyl and that didn't happen. I'll be taking it to a shop and letting pros wrap the roof.

I have a piece of vinyl over the hole for now to hopefully keep the rain out. Also changed my rear shocks the other day. I needed to change them due to the threads getting stripped off of the top of one of them and the nut wouldn't tighten down. I changed from oem replacement monroe 5601s to echo oem monroe 5870s. Didn't notice any ride change.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The math on the sunroof is confusing......................

It was used when i got it. It's got a manufactured sticker inside of it from 96. Paid $100 for it. Lasted 10 years on the xB then the motor died. I couldn't get it to seal shut. So i siliconed it shut. Cause i didn't want to pay for the motor.

Eventually i bit the bullet and ordered the motor to fix it, which cost $175. I cut the silicone but damaged the real seal in the process. And they don't sell that part anymore. So i tried dozens of off the shelf seals and no luck. Its like I'm taking a shower anytime it rains. My car actually gets inches of water in the floorboards after a heavy rain. So i ordered a new sunroof.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ok, didn't if typo or not..................

Head, tail & cabin wknd mods done...........

new-to-me oem Scion oval grill badge, xB hatch badges courtesy of Myopic.

20200524_072052.jpg
20200524_072333.jpg

new-to-me 04 Matrix adj intermittent wiper stalk..............

20200524_071607.jpg

Tried out a DC Sports 3.75" exhaust tip but just didn't thrill me so I went back with the 2.75" Pilot tip. It's improvement from the hidden oem oval tip but not overdone looking for the rest of what's going on. Also like how the pilot one doesn't stick down below the bumper line much if any.

20200524_072352.jpg

Got the bB puffy sticker off bumper protector so now all the bB badgery has been removed. Now the door sills with xB on them aren't confusing, lol.................

20200524_082349.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Next week will be new rr view setup with FJ adapter bracket and Gentex 341 mirror with autodim/map light/homelink/compass/temp for early Father's Day present from wife. Still not sure which display color but leaning towards light blue or green. The FJ adapter bracket will mount to our stock mirror mounting location on headliner.

ours............

20200521_104256.jpg

FJ adapter - headliner mount to wedge for mirror. Didn't want to put wedge on my windshield to make it work.

fj_mount_01.JPG

fj_mount_03.JPG

new mirror_01.png

That will leave making rr int wiper work and maybe radiator hose adapter to run water temp gauge.....although still unsure of placement. Would love to have it to left of speedo mounted in dash but not sure if that can be done without removing dash to make it happen. Might as well do oil pressure & water temp if I go that route.

·
Registered
184 Posts
In keeping with mirror theme.......here are pics of RAM Mount for motorcycle 1" ball mounted in place of right hand mirror mount bolt. This allows me to connect arm with Xgrip phone holder in a natural viewing spot near rr view mirror. The Elm327 obdii bluetooth adapter and Torque app on phone allow me to see/ clear codes and make realtime info displays in gauge or digital format of lots of info from ecu or info from gps. The one in pics has avg mpg, compass & water temp. Wish it did oil pressure. Anyway, it'll also be handsfree phone thing too after adding GROM audio usb/aux/ipod/bluetooth adapter to cd1 on back of oem stereo...............

IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0450.jpg

After scoring the new rr view setup, I will be able to adjust mirror down a bit to clear visors and also not see the 2 bottom pegs of the Xgrip in top of mirror like now. Doesn't block anything enough to be problem now but will have some adjustability with new homelink mirror setup above in previous post.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Suddenly I'm back at work as of today so......only thing i've done today is dig on driving back and forth from home to work and back. homelink rear view mirror setup on the way so i guess there will be some weekend mods done unless they get done on fridays since summer hours equal 10 hrs m-th woohoo. 3 & 4 day weekneds til sept.....someone else will need to take up the slack on posts, lol.......

·
Registered
514 Posts
Here's a pic of my paint falling off my car from this morning. This paint job is less than a year old and cost me 4 grand. Very ticked off is an understatement.

My roof is getting wet sanded and wrapped right now. Here's to hoping it'll look nice when I get it in a couple hours.

14981 - 14997 of 14997 Posts