Scion xB Forum banner

14961 - 14980 of 14997 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do you have the single speed motor issue where hi on your stalk for rr wiper does nothing? i don't see int for rr wiper on yours.

If you look at the one i got it has int and on for rr wiper. i'm hoping i will actually have int out back and on will just be the speed it goes now. mine is from 04 matrix. main thing is having adj int up front tho.....just be nice to also have single speed int out back too.

i read threads about the 2 speed thing and hopped on the one i got because i figured it might not need 2 speed motor to just do int and constant at same speed on rr wiper as it does now, just intervaled like our fronts came originally.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Due to very cool deal from active member here....hmmmmm.....who could it be? This happened today............

20200520_164033.jpg

Oh, wait, here's a better view............

20200520_164221.jpg

20200520_164316.jpg

20200520_164203.jpg

Jacked up whole front end enough to push tire down and get bar on strut tops without messing with cowl. Fit like a glove. Wanted an stb that hit all 3 strut bolts to replace the reinforcement rings that went all the way around. Options were few and spensiver. The oem optioness was even cooler thing about this one. That progress 22mm rear sway bar will finish tightening up the handling. Feels solid at speed. Very appreciated hookup via Myopic's parts extras..............

·
Registered
184 Posts
May need to pull battery when the AEM tiedown gets installed. Noticed today a bit of room behind battery but front is up close to headlight corner and battery is all the way back in tray and tray won't move back any. Makes me think the tray might need to be flipped where battery will sit back just a bit in the middle of the available room for it. We'll see.

AEM battery tiedown.jpg

Matching oil cap - both oem options according to my sources..............

AEM oil cap.jpg

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
Do you have the single speed motor issue where hi on your stalk for rr wiper does nothing? i don't see int for rr wiper on yours.

If you look at the one i got it has int and on for rr wiper. i'm hoping i will actually have int out back and on will just be the speed it goes now. mine is from 04 matrix. main thing is having adj int up front tho.....just be nice to also have single speed int out back too.

i read threads about the 2 speed thing and hopped on the one i got because i figured it might not need 2 speed motor to just do int and constant at same speed on rr wiper as it does now, just intervaled like our fronts came originally.
Nope mine works perfect..

Sent from my pimped out xB

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
My xB the theme of it is Transformers the name of the XB is Skids... which is why every single panel on the car moves or has been modified. Tons of one off parts that I made for the build...

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
Back under the knife....

·
Registered
184 Posts
My xB the theme of it is Transformers the name of the XB is Skids... which is why every single panel on the car moves or has been modified.

Oh, you got the theme part locked down for sure...........I was just playing off Hasbro thing because of it being dark blue like my 8P8. I'm livin auto surgeon mastermind total custom through yours. Keep the build pics coming.
Mine is growing closer to being done with what I am gonna do to it............I know I know, I've told the wife that 1000 times about cars, trucks, bikes, computers, etc.......almost posted it with a straight face.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
Ok so I see the top stays with all the original hinges and shocks but how did you work out the bottom half?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
More to come on the bottom of the hatch

·
Registered
184 Posts
Got the oil cap and battery tiedown today. Like how the battery tiedown holes go with holes in stb and had separate mounting point for tb cable bracket.. Removed the tote strap from the battery while I was at it. Cleaner, less clutter............

20200521_151532.jpg
20200521_151509.jpg
20200521_151442.jpg

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
Got the oil cap and battery tiedown today. Like how the battery tiedown holes go with holes in stb and had separate mounting point for tb cable bracket.. Removed the tote strap from the battery while I was at it. Cleaner, less clutter.....
Better and better!

Really clean compartment. New oil sticker along with the AEM cap.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Somehow, the valor tip I got doesn't seem to really be the right one for the xb....it's oval and looks correct but is too big for pipe and to big for cutout. Either way not gonna use it. Did get the oem tip off without much trouble or destroying it then put it right back on. Gonna see if I can use my $15 discount at autozone for a DC Sports ex-1018 that fits 1.5 to 2.25" pipes. Bolts on and has 4" round tip which will fit in cutout. This one...............

·
Registered
184 Posts
OK, looks like there is some win on the rr view mirror front that does not involve sticking wedge to glass and allows using existing mount location. Bob the Mirror Guy has come through again........FJ bracket (headliner mount on one end - wedge mirror mount on other) to mount autodim/homelink/maplight/compass/temp mirror with whatever color display I want. Leaning towards light blue. Comes with mount, mirror, harness & temp probe to run up front somewhere. Have installed same type mirrors in both my other vehicles so that's no issue. Just another option for others if desired. This'll get rid of me carrying garage door opener and adds maplight up front - compass/temp are bonuses........................

fj_mount_01.JPG
fj_mount_02.JPG
fj_mount_03.JPG
new mirror_01.png
new mirror_02.jpg
new mirror_03.jpg

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
Somehow, the valor tip I got doesn't seem to really be the right one for the xb...it's oval and looks correct but is too big for pipe and to big for cutout. Either way not gonna use it. Did get the oem tip off without much trouble or destroying it then put it right back on. Gonna see if I can use my $15 discount at autozone for a DC Sports ex-1018 that fits 1.5 to 2.25" pipes. Bolts on and has 4" round tip which will fit in cutout. This one.......
The DC Sports style looks very decent.

For reference; xB Valor exhaust tip Scion Part Number PTS1852040

·
Registered
184 Posts
The auto parts didn't have the 1.5-2.25 tip. All were 1.75-2.50 and won't work. LOL, the valor i got was nowhere near what the PTS1852040 looks like. I ended up getting a slanted ss double wall one that did fit and was 1.5 - 2.25 fitment from auto parts......that will work unitl I get the PTS1852040.

20200522_142422.jpg
20200522_142428.jpg

looks better than what it had but still gonna go PTS1852040 at some point.

14961 - 14980 of 14997 Posts