Scion xB Forum banner

14781 - 14800 of 14876 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last thing was getting the threshold back into shape I got my dad, who’s really good at cars and bodywork, busted out the BFH and got everything back into place. It’s all registered and ready to drive. I can’t believe I’m driving it again! Now onto fixing it up and the mods I never got to. Oh and painting the door black

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
876 Posts
Last thing was getting the threshold back into shape I got my dad, who’s really good at cars and bodywork, busted out the BFH and got everything back into place. It’s all registered and ready to drive. I can’t believe I’m driving it again! Now onto fixing it up and the mods I never got to. Oh and painting the door black
That is a clever and innovative threshold repair. Most impressive! ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Did a trans drain and fill on the ol xB1. Used a quart of Redline high temp atf for a little extra protection and some LiquiMoly ATF to top her off. Next trans service I might swap the filter again plus more fluid to get a good majority of the dirty stuff out.

She seems to shift a little smoother too but thats probably just me.

Changed out the xB2s trans filter and fluid as well. Used some LiquiMoly ATF and a WIX filter. A little more pain in the rear than the xB1 to remove the pan but all in all relatively simple. Does anyone know how to adjust the hood bumper things? I keep trying to figure it out but it seems like no matter what I do, the hood looks like it shakes more while driving than what seems normal.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts
Put in two hrs in the garage last night.. Working on other mods.. I still have a ton more metal work to do. I have modifications coming to every single body panel.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Put in two hrs in the garage last night.. Working on other mods.. I still have a ton more metal work to do. I have modifications coming to every single body panel.

That's some good work put in.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts
Spent some time in the garage. Pulling all the glass. Taking out the plasma cutter. It just got real... Stay tuned...

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
876 Posts
Did a trans drain and fill on the ol xB1. Used a quart of Redline high temp atf for a little extra protection and some LiquiMoly ATF to top her off. Next trans service I might swap the filter again plus more fluid to get a good majority of the dirty stuff out.
Great maintenance! How many miles on the xB1? Is this the first transaxle fluid change for it? If not, at what miles or time intervals do you change the fluid in your xB1? Thanks.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
876 Posts
Does anyone know how to adjust the hood bumper things? I keep trying to figure it out but it seems like no matter what I do, the hood looks like it shakes more while driving than what seems normal.
The hood height adjustment is made by raising or lowering the four rubber threaded stobs, located as circled in the picture. Specifications are 0.000" (level) +- 0.059" (below level), from the crown of the fenders to the top of the hood.

Side to side hood adjustment is 0.165” +- 0.059” between the hood and the fenders. Measure at three reference points; each end of the side gap and at the middle of the side gap. Hopefully this is not necessary as it requires loosening the hood hinges.

You may have to adjust the hood latch if large enough adjustments are necessary.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Great maintenance! How many miles on the xB1? Is this the first transaxle fluid change for it? If not, at what miles or time intervals do you change the fluid in your xB1? Thanks.
About 181k. I changed the filter, one of the trans solenoids and some fluid shortly after I got the xB1. It was shifting really harsh from 3rd into 4th, did some research and replaced the 2nd one? The specifics are hazy but it resolved that problem. It’s been around 45k? I got it with around 136k or so, and have pictures of when I replaced the VVT solenoid at around that mileage.

I’m trying to maintain around the same (40-45k) interval for the xB1 and xB2.

The hood height adjustment is made by raising or lowering the four rubber threaded stobs, located as circled in the picture. Specifications are 0.000" (level) +- 0.059" (below level), from the crown of the fenders to the top of the hood.

View attachment 77602

Side to side hood adjustment is 0.165” +- 0.059” between the hood and the fenders. Measure at three reference points; each end of the side gap and at the middle of the side gap. Hopefully this is not necessary as it requires loosening the hood hinges.

You may have to adjust the hood latch if large enough adjustments are necessary.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info! The procedure is similar I’m sure but are those measurements for the xB1 or 2? I’m trying to figure out if her hood isn’t adjusted right as there seems to be more movement than I would think is normal.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
876 Posts
About 181k. It’s been around 45k? I’m trying to maintain around the same (40-45k).

… are those measurements for the xB1 or 2?
The hood measurements are for the xB1.
Thanks for the information about your transaxle fluid changes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I filled up on gas and me and the boy gave the toaster a good wash when I got home, after that we polished the haze from the headlights to make them more clear. Good times.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts
Busy, busy, and busy... I have alot of metal work in my future not to mention a ton of body work...

14781 - 14800 of 14876 Posts