Scion xB Forum banner

14761 - 14780 of 14789 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Everything I ordered should be here more or less this coming week. So the second weekend of February I will do a marathon of getting everything installed. I did say "easy mods". Just not really a limit to them.

I have on order:
  • Projector Headlights
  • "Blacked" out taillights(See Dandymandy81's post) - I was going to go with the Spyder ones, but those are so much cheaper.
  • Anodized red aluminum HVAC Knobs
  • Alpine ILX-W650 with Alpine KTA-450 power pack amplifier
  • Reverse camera and front camera
  • F1R F10 Wheels - To be paired with 195/55R15 tires
To be ordered:
  • LED bulbs front and rear
  • Speakers
Future, not yet, to be ordered(Once I sell the Subaru):
  • Air Bags
  • Wrap
  • Dumb amazing idea: 2ZR-FE swap

·
Old School xB Builder
1,519 Posts
Everything I ordered should be here more or less this coming week. So the second weekend of February I will do a marathon of getting everything installed. I did say "easy mods". Just not really a limit to them.

I have on order:
  • Projector Headlights
  • "Blacked" out taillights(See Dandymandy81's post) - I was going to go with the Spyder ones, but those are so much cheaper.
  • Anodized red aluminum HVAC Knobs
  • Alpine ILX-W650 with Alpine KTA-450 power pack amplifier
  • Reverse camera and front camera
  • F1R F10 Wheels - To be paired with 195/55R15 tires
To be ordered:
  • LED bulbs front and rear
  • Speakers
Future, not yet, to be ordered(Once I sell the Subaru):
  • Air Bags
  • Wrap
  • Dumb amazing idea: 2ZR-FE swap
I make rear seat knobs... All colors.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,519 Posts
Nope. They break. But I make them in different colors.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Old School xB Builder
1,519 Posts
Do they normally go missing? Mine are still there.(Though the entire mechanism on the right side keeps popping out.)
Where are you located?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I replaced the passenger side motor mount and the transmission mount today. First one was pretty cake until I munched the threads on one of the bolts/threads. Swapped it to see if it was just gunked up but no bueno. So that mount has only 2 bolts to the frame and the 2 for the engine, since the 3rd bolt only goes in so much before binding up. It should be safe as the motor mount is technically “resting” on the body, right? I don’t drive it too much but I’d fix it sooner than later.

I’ll have to go check the bolt size and see if I can run a tap through it to clear it out and use a new grade 8 bolt to secure it.

The trans mount went a little easier once I removed the bumper. Saw a bracket that cradles the mount, removed it and then the mount slide out through the bottom no problem.

I heard the rear engine mount is a real pain to take out, seeing as dropping the sub frame somewhat seems to be necessary. Is there an easier method? I’ve searched some and thats what I end up with, so I’m guessing no. Anyways, that’s the next project to tackle.

waiting for some trans plug gaskets to do a drain and fill on both xbs. Mine is needed and the xB2 hasn’t gotten one yet so I’m replacing the filter also (over 100k). Also got the black/yellow CA plates ordered too. Can’t wait.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,401 Posts
Today, well yesterday actually, I finally put my BC Racing coilovers with air sleeve conversion on. Ride is much better than my Air Lifts were and it goes lower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Last few days, finished up the major cleaning... back seats, inside panels, vacuuming out the rest of the broken back glass. I discovered I forgot to clean the sun visors though haha. I installed the new taillights and got all lights working and got a new hatch handle in the mail and installed that too. So now all lights are working. I also found how the 40 side of the back seat was broken so I can fix that.
Now it’s time for the body work on the back door threshhold. gulp
On my original door, I took out the wiper, I’m thinking of doing that again. And maybe get the old spoiler on there too.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
801 Posts
Now that my xB is back from Kentucky, and in sunny Georgia again, it no longer will encounter cold and snowy Midwest winters. However, I did have to clean off snow this morning at thirty-three degrees. :cool:

2.7.19.JPG

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
801 Posts
se-r_dad said:
That's good, so when are you selling it to me?
Hello Sammy! During the short time the xB was away I really missed it. I hope to never part with it again. However, if I do, I will contact you and see if you want it. In the meantime, if you buy another Gen1 xB, I can sell you the JDM TYC projector headlamps, since I have your custom USDM grill on the stock xB headlamps. 😁 The TYC's are converted for US roads.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hello Sammy! During the short time the xB was away I really missed it. I hope to never part with it again. However, if I do, I will contact you and see if you want it. In the meantime, if you buy another Gen1 xB, I can sell you the JDM TYC projector headlamps, since I have your custom USDM grill on the stock xB headlamps. The TYC's are converted for US roads.
Good to hear from you Frank. I'll probably end up buying the headlights. Rub the salt in the wound why ya.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Old School xB Builder
1,519 Posts
At it again... Never ending metal work. Got a new idea for the front doors as well. Got a car event tonight, gonna take my other xb out tonight.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,519 Posts
14761 - 14780 of 14789 Posts