Scion xB Forum banner

14741 - 14760 of 14791 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
802 Posts
I bought it, drove it across the county, shoved a bunch of stuff in the back, and went home. 2005 with 86,000 miles, entirely stock, rust free, has a full maintenance history at a local dealership, and reasonably clean for its age. Also, hi!
Welcome to the site. The xB looks pristine. Great find of a Black Cherry Pearl (3P2); my favorite. Any mods planned?

·
Old School xB Builder
1,520 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the site. The xB looks pristine. Great find of a Black Cherry Pearl (3P2); my favorite. Any mods planned?
The paint is more of a "10 foot car", but that is because it ran over some not yet quite dry road stripes at some point. I can take that off easily with a solvent without affecting the paint and clean up the rest of the paint with some heavier cutting compound.

Fixes: Only the left rear power door lock works. I assume the motors just need to be replaced. A rattle from the engine compartment at idle and stopped.

Easy mods: Projector headlights, replacement HVAC knobs, wheels/tires. All the original parts will get stored in the shed.

Advanced mods: Reverse engineer Toyota's CAN bus protocol and create my own digital instrument cluster with all of empty space directly in front of the steering wheel. This xB is "because I wanted it" and a business expense as well.

Welcome to Clubxb. Some of us have been here for what seems like forever. There are a lot of good purple here. If you needed something don't hesitate to ask.
I do love purple!

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
802 Posts
[QUOTE="Azxiana,]
Fixes: Only the left rear power door lock works. I assume the motors just need to be replaced.
I replaced all four of my xB's power locks in August of 2018. I bought a low cost aftermarket brand. The left rear lock quit fourteen months later, so I replaced all four of them with OEM. The other three still work.

If you want the aftermarket ones I removed, and you are within the contiguous states, I will send all of them to you at no cost. Even if they fail later, you would only be out your time to remove and to install.

Let me know.
Frank

·
Registered
10 Posts
Azxiana said:
Fixes: Only the left rear power door lock works. I assume the motors just need to be replaced.
I replaced all four of my xB's power locks in August of 2018. I bought a low cost aftermarket brand. The left rear lock quit fourteen months later, so I replaced all four of them with OEM. The other three still work.

If you want the aftermarket ones I removed, and you are within the contiguous states, I will send all of them to you at no cost. Even if they fail later, you would only be out your time to remove and to install.

Let me know.
Frank
Like the stars aligned! I will send you a message.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
802 Posts
[QUOTE="Scionjohn1] … If you have a scion you should do it too; it looks cool, gets a lot of attention[/QUOTE]

No doubt! Probably from the Space Shuttle as well, when it passes over NM. 👍

·
Rawr!!!
7,590 Posts
What is wrong with it
I was turning into work and this guy tried passing me on my righthand side as I went to turn. Kinda sideswiped me. He was driving a suburban. It was kinda like I pit maneuvered him. His car almost rolled on its side. I was going like 5 mph he was hauling ass

Attachments

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I may keep them for one of my other xbs.... Haven't really decided. I have a ton of stuff including a brand new Garson DAD kit in the box. Never been installed. I'm kinda a Scion whore...
I'm a dad that loves the Garson Dad

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I may keep them for one of my other xbs.... Haven't really decided. I have a ton of stuff including a brand new Garson DAD kit in the box. Never been installed. I'm kinda a Scion whore...
I'm a dad that likes Garson Dad

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I was turning into work and this guy tried passing me on my righthand side as I went to turn. Kinda sideswiped me. He was driving a suburban. It was kinda like I pit maneuvered him. His car almost rolled on its side. I was going like 5 mph he was hauling ass
Dang that's a bummer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
today I’m putting in new taillights. I miiiiiight have used this “incident” to upgrade to my wishlist taillights. Shhhhhhh

I’m also so lost on how to fix the smashed threshold. Any thoughts or advice? I put my hand under the overlap to give an idea how far it moved

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Old School xB Builder
1,520 Posts
A whole bunch of pulling and hammering. Ideally getting a cut from another wreck and replacing it entirely.
Easier to cut it out of another xb and weld it in place.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

14741 - 14760 of 14791 Posts