Scion xB Forum banner

14721 - 14741 of 15000 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone. I haven’t been here in a long time, so long in fact my account was gone haha. Anyway, today I decided to work on my gen 1. I was rear ended back in august 2018 and it’s been sitting ever since. I moved to Washington state last summer and let the Toaster sit outside with the crushed back door. Needless to say I took a peak inside the other day and to my horror it was completely molded. That prompted me to start working on it. Today I remolded the carpet, interior, and half of the seats. I also removed the crushed door to make way for a new one I picked up at a junk yard. I also picked up a new battery and sure as **** it fired right up. Here’s some pics from today.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone. I haven’t been here in a long time, so long in fact my account was gone haha. Anyway, today I decided to work on my gen 1. I was rear ended back in august 2018 and it’s been sitting ever since. I moved to Washington state last summer and let the Toaster sit outside with the crushed back door. Needless to say I took a peak inside the other day and to my horror it was completely molded. That prompted me to start working on it. Today I remolded the carpet, interior, and half of the seats. I also removed the crushed door to make way for a new one I picked up at a junk yard. I also picked up a new battery and sure as **** it fired right up. Here’s some pics from today.
View attachment 77528 View attachment 77529 View attachment 77530 View attachment 77531 View attachment 77532

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
Welcome back. I had a similar issue with one of my parts xbs a while back. Not quite that bad but f sucks none the less..

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
I got back into mine Sunday morning. Lots of changes coming. Had an issue with the suicide doors. So I had to cut the homies back pout and re space them closer to the outer body skin for clearance reasons.

I'm getting Rid of the fiberglass fenders and hood. Shaving the gas door. Relocating a pop up gas cap and bung inside the rear behind the hatch. It's just sitting in there for the photo. Not welded in yet.

Custom building steel fenders and hood, splitting the hood 50/50 half left, half right.

Then moving on to the rear hatch.... Been shooting to have it all done and painted base color by April. But not looking so sure right now. When ready for paint, I have to pull out all glass, engine, trans, interior, and all doors and hood.

Long road ahead of me. The xb made it's first magazine appearance.... Buddy sent it to me yesterday.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
896 Posts
Hi everyone. I haven’t been here in a long time, so long in fact my account was gone haha. Anyway, today I decided to work on my gen 1.
Welcome back! Fantastic work on the xB?. That is an amazing deep-dive recovery you are doing. Looking forward to progress pictures.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
I need one large rear headrest for a gen 1. Anyone? They are a different size than the front ones. Anyone have an extra laying around?

·
Registered
15 Posts
New door successfully installed. Well almost.... the third brake light isn’t working. Hummm but I did take it for a little spin around the neighborhood. I also now have to figure out how to get the lower door frame back to normal, it’s a bit smashed

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
How much? Shipped to 29588. I just need one of the large rear headrests

You can even remove the leather cover from it.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
Pics/prices on the fenders?
I may keep them for one of my other xbs.... Haven't really decided. I have a ton of stuff including a brand new Garson DAD kit in the box. Never been installed. I'm kinda a Scion whore...

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
I bought it, drove it across the county, shoved a bunch of stuff in the back, and went home. 2005 with 86,000 miles, entirely stock, rust free, has a full maintenance history at a local dealership, and reasonably clean for its age. Also, hi!

Welcome to Clubxb. Some of us have been here for what seems like forever. There are a lot of good purple here. If you needed something don't hesitate to ask.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
14721 - 14741 of 15000 Posts