Scion xB Forum banner

14701 - 14720 of 14799 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If it feels better to you, that is all that matters. Your gas mileage numbers should tell you for sure if it helps.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,524 Posts
Ehhh, nothing major....

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/H_vdZe6WQTE
[/VIDEO]

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Got drop mount made for trans side. Still have to get engine drop mount made. Work and family has slowed project

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
807 Posts
What I did to the xB in recent weeks.

Using painting techniques taught by Sammy (se-r_dad), I finally repainted and clearcoated the rear spoiler and the upper section of the liftgate. Thanks Sammy!

1.jpg 2.jpg

Swapped the OEM HU for an updated model.
Replaced stock HVAC knobs with red and translucent versions.
Moved the switches for cupholder lights and interior glow rods from the floor console to the dash.
Replaced the transaxle selector stock bulb with an LED.

3.jpg

Accessory blank and a key fob covered the old locations of the switches.

4.jpg

After a door's low cost electric lock failed in less than a year, I replaced all four with OEM units.

And on it goes.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,524 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not today but recently got around to finally installing the CF wing.

That is an excellent contrast to the Solar. Did it bolt up same as OEM, or did you have to you have to do something different?

It bolted from the side of the hatch door rather than the top as it does stock. So a little drilling here and there and some 3M tape up top and it’s snug. That’s the main reason why it took me a while to install, the first hole was the hardest to make. But overall it was worth it.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,524 Posts

Finished up the doors

·
Bock's Car
1,081 Posts
"Fixed" my crossbars until I can order new ones. Also replaced the striped out battery bolt giving me a bad ground.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
807 Posts
What I Completed on the xB Today.

Replaced the right front fender liner which was badly rubbed by the former 245/18's. I tried an aftermarket liner and it was ill-fitting, so I got an OEM for a perfect fit.

Fender Liner.jpg

Finished installing the FFF modified by se-r_dad to fit USDM headlamps.

FFF Right.jpg

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
807 Posts
What I did to the xB today.

Had the xB for fifteen years this month; time for some simple maintenance. Cleaned window gears and tracks, then applied white lithium. Used silicone for all glass tracks. Lubed door and hood hinges, door handles, and the hood latch. Replaced the sheet plastic moisture seals on all doors. They had been shredded and repaired too much over the years. Used 3M caulk to attach.

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
Four years later I was finally popped for not running a front license plate. Wasn't even a fix-it ticket. $20 easy

I have a tow bracket mount on the way, but it's too cold to do anything at -15F lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Swapped out the plugs in the xB. Had some Bosch Platinums in there that I threw in there when I got the box originally. I’ve been trying to track down this rattling noise (a little bit of squeaking/squealing and some rattling) I’ve had while idling in gear and park. Neutral gets rid of the noise though, so I pulled the e-brake pretty good, popped the hood, put it in drive and gave it some revs at the throttle body. Engine moves more than I think it should so I think the mounts need replacing.

Also adjusted the hood... seems it was rattling a bit too. Car seems to run a little smoother now, gap on the plats were about .040 or so. The NGK V Powers I put in were gapped at about .032.

14701 - 14720 of 14799 Posts