Scion xB Forum banner

14681 - 14700 of 14999 Posts

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
I had to look at your picture again Ray, very cool and 1st thing that came to me was a home me=ade snow plow !!! LOL
I'm tired of crushing my fiberglass bumper when I'm layed out. When done it will lay on 1/4" plate steel.

I just had to repair the bummer again. I like to cruise layed out. Caught a manhole cover..

Steel plate looks huge till the bumper is on it.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
WE do not have to worry about manholes being high here !!! Just low here as even after they tear out an old road and pave it it is always low and rarely ever smooth with the pavement !!!! BTW....The steel plate looks good Ray !!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
What a great idea Ray

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 09-18-2019 at 10:17 PM ----------

You might be sparking at night

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
What a great idea Ray

---------- Post added 09-18-2019 at 10:17 PM ----------

You might be sparking at night

I figure all your sports cars have the lips under their front bumpers. obviously they don't do anything. this is so if I smack it off the ground worst thing is going to happen is I'm going to throw Sparks. I like Sparks...

·
Registered
17 Posts
That xB^ looks awesome, the split hood is pretty neat!

Here’s a new picture of my daily. I replaced all the EVAP hoses.. codes haven’t come back and it passed emissions so I’m happy! 200,000 mile club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That xB^ looks awesome, the split hood is pretty neat!

Here’s a new picture of my daily. I replaced all the EVAP hoses.. codes haven’t come back and it passed emissions so I’m happy! 200,000 mile club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great, did you do a lower steering wheel mod?

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
New Viair gauges. Our with the guys last night.... No fiberglass repairs needed.

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/54NRg_cVyqA
[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/VigHLX2tsgU
[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/hWfPjTtj-cA
[/VIDEO]

·
Bock's Car
1,087 Posts
Re-replaced the control arms. Hopefully I'm done with all that.
Plugged the passenger airbag back in, forgot it when I had the dash off before, and the dash light is still on. Gotta look into that next.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Re-replaced the control arms. Hopefully I'm done with all that.
Plugged the passenger airbag back in, forgot it when I had the dash off before, and the dash light is still on. Gotta look into that next.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Nice wheels!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed a backup camera. This one from amazon: LeeKooLuu Wireless Backup Camera and 4.3'' Monitor System for Cars/SUVs/UTVs/Minivans IP69 Waterproof 6 LED Light Night Vision HD Color Rear/Front View Camera with Guide Lines On/Off. Works ok!

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
What will I do to the xb in the coming weeks?

The xB is in GA for a pit stop. Considering the low HP I cannot state the 'Eagle has Landed'; but rather the 'Pigeon has Perched'.

In GA.jpg

A few things to take care of including repainting the rear spoiler.

Repaint.jpg

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
I have always hated that when my xb is layed out that the rear always sat up 1 1/2" higher than the front. I have tried toyota sienna shocks because they were shorter than the xb shocks, tried slammer shocks too. Same result. I am bottomed out on the rear airbag and shock.

Well I fixed it...

Before
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/LnJMTAg21cw
[/VIDEO]

·
Registered
49 Posts
I finally changed my oil to full synthetic, and the Butt Dyno is telling me that I picked up some power compared to the old dinosaur oil. I should've done this a long time ago!

I just ordered some gl4 75w-90 gear oil from Redline, hopefully I see/feel similar results from the manual trans fluid change.

Before the change I got 38 mpg average (according to my obd2 and Torque app, I only really do city driving an back roads, no freeway)

I'll update after the next few tanks to see if it improves. Thank you to all you guys who make this community a positive and thriving place to be!

14681 - 14700 of 14999 Posts