Scion xB Forum banner

14601 - 14620 of 15117 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
16's definitely would look good, but remember that they will give you less of a sidewall height due to the lower aspect ratio (AR) available. Attached is a list of the four sizes recommended for the Gen1 xB. The stock 185/60R15 tire has the highest sidewall height. The 16's with their 55 AR and 50 AR do not equal the 60 AR on the stock tire. You can go to a higher AR, or to a wider tire, but then you get into possible issues such as rubbing, speedometer error, or MPG, since either of these options impact the overall height of the whole tire.

The tires sizes shown on the list will not create those issues. Check these considerations with a tire dealer before deciding on replacements. Good hunting!

Tires.jpg

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Made some changes, and a repair, to the daughter's xB this week.

Removed the new JDM TYC headlamps I installed last summer; was not pleased with their light patterns.

View attachment 73450

Put in a new pair of stock headlamps. Test fit the newly painted FFF modified to USDM headlamp ends by Sammi (se-r_dad). Thanks Sammi for the impressive morphing of the JDM headlamp FFF to fit USDM.

View attachment 73452

Replaced the inboard short rubber hood height adjusters with a set of the longer outboard rubber adjusters to slightly raise the hood for improved FFF alignment.

View attachment 73454

Replaced the stock headlamp bulbs with LEDs. Replaced the stock 1157A bulbs with LED 1157As.

View attachment 73456

Replaced the driver's side power folding mirror motor. A micro switch broke and the power circuit would not shut off after folding; resulting in the gear covering breaking some tabs.

View attachment 73458
Frank, first time I seen that FFF in black cherry....."eye candy"

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 07-16-2019 at 03:52 AM ----------

If you daughter has any misfortune in it call me, keep all the pieces, I'll fix it.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
se-r_dad: "Frank, first time I seen that FFF in black cherry....."eye candy". If your daughter has any misfortune in it call me, keep all the pieces, I'll fix it."

Thanks Sammy. The body shop stripped the blue paint completely off. Your FFF modification to fit USDM headlamps was flawless. They did not have to do any reinforcement. Their paint work was perfectly smooth and a great match to the BCP 3P2 color. No dishonor was brought to your unique creation. If any repairs are necessary, I will only entrust the FFF to you.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
se-r_dad: "Frank, first time I seen that FFF in black cherry....."eye candy". If your daughter has any misfortune in it call me, keep all the pieces, I'll fix it."

Thanks Sammy. The body shop stripped the blue paint completely off. Your FFF modification to fit USDM headlamps was flawless. They did not have to do any reinforcement. Their paint work was perfectly smooth and a great match to the BCP 3P2 color. No dishonor was brought to your unique creation. If any repairs are necessary, I will only entrust the FFF to you.
Got to give some props to Ray for the initial mold, not possible without him.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
My XB turned 14 years old this month !!! She has 93K on her and still runs great !!! She needs new shocks and struts as I can feel every bump !!!

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
Test fitted the bB emblem to the FFF for spacial design measurements. The mesh will be replaced by a solid grille, or at least have a solid backing added.

1 FFF.jpg 2 bB.jpg

Have to change these blue bulbs to white LEDs.

3 Blue to White.jpg

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Finally got se-r_dad's taillights installed (sorry for taking so long to get you pics), now I just have to actually clean it and get the wheels repaired in some way. Seems there was a reason the previous owner had them plastidipped, they're as rough as the surface of the moon.
Ronin I'm glad you got them in, they look great on the white, work good for you? They are the only ones ever made. Let's see them in action.

·
Resident Goon
11 Posts
Yeah they work great, they're way brighter than the stock ones. I'll have to get some pics of them at night with a different camera, the one in my phone is scratched.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hard to see all these great parts on another Box, but I know they are in good hands.......miss mine....

·
Old School xB Builder
1,563 Posts
Cops look at me crazy too when I'm rolling mine.. Surprisingly they haven't pulled me over yet... Mine are behind the glass.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Have not done really anything except to keep is clean on the inside and out !!! I do need shocks and struts now but really can not see spending the money of a 14 year old box !!!

·
Old School xB Builder
1,563 Posts
Have not done really anything except to keep is clean on the inside and out !!! I do need shocks and struts now but really can not see spending the money of a 14 year old box !!!
Shocks are $38.00, struts are $75.00 on ebay... Your labor... Free... No excuses My friend.. keep the box alive and well.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I would Ray but do not the use of my hands like I use to with my cancer treatments that I had !!!! Never thought I would have neuropathy as severe as I have !!!

·
Old School xB Builder
1,563 Posts
Making a few changes today. Have some buddies coming to help out.

14601 - 14620 of 15117 Posts