Scion xB Forum banner

14521 - 14540 of 14799 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I changed my alternator today. I'm chasing an issue that caused the car to die randomly with no CEL's and we thought might be water in the fuel. Hopefully the new alternator solves that issue. While I had everything apart, I decided to change the water pump and serpentine belt because I have no idea how old they are.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, I'm fine

Currently looking at options, but here's a short list of what I've got my eyes on:

1) 1st Gen XB (gotta be as clean as mine, not trashed or riced out)
2) 3rd Gen Rav 4 (it's within the price range of a clean XB and the 4WD would be worth the extra coin)
3) IS250 (seen a few listed within the same price range, but haven't taken a look at them)
4) 3rd Gen Sienna (I know, this one is way off, but I do a lot of overtime work that means sleeping in my car for most of the night......would be nice to toss an air mattress in the back)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Got this Meguiar's Ceramic Hybrid spray wax off Amazon for $16. It's great stuff, easy to use, makes water bead up really nicely.
1. Wash Box
2. Dry Box
3. Spray bottle and wipe with microfiber cloth for initial application
4. Spray bottle again all over Box and spray with a power nosal just rinsing off the spray
5. Enjoy shiny Box

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Got my Energy Suspension sway bar kit on.
Seems to ride a bit better. Found it easier if you take the disconnect the big bolts off the suspension to get the giant bolt in.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Will handle better as the more you drive it Samy !!! Big difference on what you took off hey ???

It definitely made a big difference to me when I installed them. Now I need to get off my lazy ass and get the front sway bar installed. Has anybody here done that? I keep reading you have to drop the front subframe but I don’t wanna do that if I’m working solo. Should I rather pony up the cash to get it done at a shop?

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I'm a thinking that our box's came with them, just at the bar on top of the engine to tighten the front end up !!! ( can not remember the name for it)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm a thinking that our box's came with them, just at the bar on top of the engine to tighten the front end up !!! ( can not remember the name for it)
Top one is a strut tower bar, mine came off of a Scion TC, carbon fiber, fits snug.

·
Registered
230 Posts

They did but I got a real good deal on a Hotchkis front sway bar, just never got around to installing it since that subframe part threw me off.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
They did but I got a real good deal on a Hotchkis front sway bar, just never got around to installing it since that subframe part threw me off.
When I changed my sway bar bushings I didn't see a need to drop the subframe if I decided to change the whole swaybar. All you need is a deepwell 12 mm socket and a ratcheting 12 mm wrench. Pulling off the big bolts on the wheel hub helps as well.

---------- Post added 03-25-2019 at 03:34 PM ----------

When I changed my sway bar bushings I didn't see a need to drop the subframe if I decided to change the whole swaybar. All you need is a deepwell 12 mm socket and a ratcheting 12 mm wrench. Pulling off the big bolts on the wheel hub helps as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts

---------- Post added 03-25-2019 at 03:34 PM ----------

I just kept hearing/reading about dropping it down to remove the old one. Looking at the sway bar, I think it may be possible to somewhat snake it out of there... might have to check it out

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Wish I could but since I do not live in Cali !!! As the wife is on spring break this week I really did a number on cleaning her xB up !!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welp, yesterday I decided to go ahead and order some Raceland coilovers for the box. Now I just need to order some new strut mounts, I’m sure the old ones have seen much better days. Will be here hopefully Tuesday, but probably be a few days later before I install.

14521 - 14540 of 14799 Posts