Scion xB Forum banner

14481 - 14500 of 14879 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Good deal, door lock actuators too

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 01-03-2019 at 01:49 AM ----------

One tire didn't hold air past 24 hours, found out I had a side wall hole, tires are only 6 months old,$100 later I'm back on the road. Is this normal for stretched tires to get holes or separation?

·
biscuits and gravy
73 Posts
About 10 years ago my first xb saved my skin in a nasty ice storm crash coming down the foothills. I know brakes and tires won't save you if you are already out of control (on ice) but I feel such a huge sense of relief installing the new ones on my car. I feel so grateful for my working vehicle.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Samy, my son hit a piece of wood on the interstate. Sliver went into the sidewall. Couldn't be patched and tires were fairly new. Had a tube put in it and ran another 35k miles with no issues.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts
Ask Ray, he takes them apart many times.

Remove the lower pillar cover, remove the seat belt detractor, there is a soft foam block in the opening behind the seat belt retractor. If the nut came un welded that is were it is. Reich is gonna be track welding the nut back inside that pillar.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 01-15-2019 at 02:59 PM ----------

Man, y’all get cheaper gas prices and don’t have to change your oil as often? Where do I sign up? Haha, anyways hope all of you guys and gals out there have a safe and fun New Years!

---------- Post added 12-31-2018 at 09:16 PM ----------

I like it!
Looks good. I have the nrg ones. Only thing is during the winter when it gets cold, mine don't want to stay up... Could just be they are old too.

---------- Post added 01-15-2019 at 03:08 PM ----------

Out with the old in with the new.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Mine is similar to yours, except I mounted all my valves to the backside of my rear crash bar.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Took the wife's XB in for an oil change Wednesday and had to take her car back Weds. Afternoon as the glove box door didnot fit right !!! Well some how the tec had broke the door so a new one has been ordered !!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Remove the lower pillar cover, remove the seat belt detractor, there is a soft foam block in the opening behind the seat belt retractor. If the nut came un welded that is were it is. Reich is gonna be track welding the nut back inside that pillar.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk[,

Yea one of the nuts came off. I’ll have to try that when I have some more free time. Its holding well with just one but I check it daily to make sure its secure. Last thing I need/want is the hatch opening up while driving.

Another idea I had was to just weld the striker plate onto the body but I don’t know if that’d be possible? Not too familiar with welding

---------- Post added 01-18-2019 at 06:01 PM ----------

Took the wife's XB in for an oil change Wednesday and had to take her car back Weds. Afternoon as the glove box door didnot fit right !!! Well some how the tec had broke the door so a new one has been ordered !!!

I hope they’re the ones footing the bill

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts
Yea one of the nuts came off. I’ll have to try that when I have some more free time. Its holding well with just one but I check it daily to make sure its secure. Last thing I need/want is the hatch opening up while driving.

Another idea I had was to just weld the striker plate onto the body but I don’t know if that’d be possible? Not too familiar with welding

---------- Post added 01-18-2019 at 06:01 PM ----------

I hope they’re the ones footing the bill
Is it your hatch or your door latch?

---------- Post added 01-18-2019 at 11:41 PM ----------

You can also find a nut threat the bolt will screw onto, weld that into the backside of the pillar.

·
Registered
233 Posts

---------- Post added 01-18-2019 at 11:41 PM ----------

You can also find a nut threat the bolt will screw onto, weld that into the backside of the pillar.

The door latch. Or whatever the little metal plate under the plastic trim piece that holds the hatch is called.

---------- Post added 01-18-2019 at 10:49 PM ----------

Oh, I changed the oil last weekend and rotated the tires. A little late

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Had a screeking-sloching sound coming from my rear drum brakes. Replaced pad and no changes, then had drums turned , still no change. Then I started contemplating as Ray and I were texting back and forth about this. Since it sounds like only one side of the brake shoes were pushing, and since the brake cylinder pushes on two sides I figured that one side must not be pushing out like it should. Ray agreed with me so Sunday I changed them out in 38 degree weather and bingo, noises stopped. Back to normal

·
Old School xB Builder
1,535 Posts
Had a screeking-sloching sound coming from my rear drum brakes. Replaced pad and no changes, then had drums turned , still no change. Then I started contemplating as Ray and I were texting back and forth about this. Since it sounds like only one side of the brake shoes were pushing, and since the brake cylinder pushes on two sides I figured that one side must not be pushing out like it should. Ray agreed with me so Sunday I changed them out in 38 degree weather and bingo, noises stopped. Back to normal

Sami is the man....

·
biscuits and gravy
73 Posts
I'd stay away from chrome trim pieces if you can just peel back the factory vinyl to reveal the sweet matching paint in the window pillars. I posted pics of my completed vinyl job

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'd stay away from chrome trim pieces if you can just peel back the factory vinyl to reveal the sweet matching paint in the window pillars. I posted pics of my completed vinyl job
You have a couple of those pix?

---------- Post added 01-23-2019 at 02:16 PM ----------

Great job Samy to find out the issues !!
Well, not so great, drove for a few days and seems like it's back.At first every thing was quite. Would the quality of the pads make a big difference, got them from Auto zone only ones they sell. Seems like when the pads get hot the start making a whoosh whoosh whoosh until I stop.

Anyone have any input on drum pads from experience, would be appreciated?

·
biscuits and gravy
73 Posts
You have a couple of those pix?

Yeah, let me find the post and send a link. Gimmie a second. On the DIY post my iij mages were broken for the step by step. But the final product images are up

14481 - 14500 of 14879 Posts