Scion xB Forum banner

12261 - 12280 of 15001 Posts

·
Dead box
1,095 Posts
Unscrewed the bolt, drained the fluid, cranked it up for 3seconds, more drained out the hole, and filled exactly 3 quarts of automatic transmission fluid.

How come nobody told me it was $10 a quart at the stealership!!!

It's at 132, now I'm ready for "another" 100k
$10 a quart for ATF is highway robbery. Toyota fluid is nothing special. You can get Maxlife at Wal-Mart for about $18 a gallon, and it is an equivalent fluid for tons of applications, including Toyotas.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
There are shady people in every profession, what matters is the character of the person. My best friend, brother from another mother, is a cop and he is a good man.

·
Registered
860 Posts
There are shady people in every profession, what matters is the character of the person. My best friend, brother from another mother, is a cop and he is a good man.
You are right. I have known very upstanding police and I'm not bad-mouthing in any way. The problem is, we're all human and sometimes we just aren't right, no matter our 'label'.

·
Registered
15 Posts
-chokes on drink- $10 a quart? What are you buying, full synthetic ATF? In general, dealerships are a very poor place to get a good deal on parts and service. It is a fun place to work though when you love modding cars after work. :)

·
Bock's Car
1,089 Posts
Changed oil. Tried to find if there is a vacuum leak but I don't think there is. Looking at pulling the TB off to clean it and look at the isc. Not sure if I have the daylight.

---------- Post added 11-21-2015 at 05:37 PM ----------

Would of rather ran out of light. Striped the first bolt on the isc trying to pull it from the TB.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
-chokes on drink- $10 a quart? What are you buying, full synthetic ATF? In general, dealerships are a very poor place to get a good deal on parts and service. It is a fun place to work though when you love modding cars after work. :)
Hahaha, choked on drink, very funny I knew I wouldn't go wrong with factory stuff.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Started stripping the aftermarket parts off of my wife's xB before we put it up for sale. Got the 3 piece Be Cool Billets off and the stocks back on. Also got the stereo pulled off. I'll probably get to the suspension and exhaust bits off next Friday or Saturday. I also posted up the stereo stuff I pulled from my wife's car (and then some) on some local and SoCal Scion FB classified groups.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Started stripping the aftermarket parts off of my wife's xB before we put it up for sale. Got the 3 piece Be Cool Billets off and the stocks back on. Also got the stereo pulled off. I'll probably get to the suspension and exhaust bits off next Friday or Saturday. I also posted up the stereo stuff I pulled from my wife's car (and then some) on some local and SoCal Scion FB classified groups.

is that an underseat sub or does it go in the space in the back next to the spare tire?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yep. Under-seat. Similar to the last pic posted, but for the passenger side. We were powering the 11Kv2 with the NINe.2. A very nice bass upgrade for the first gen.

·
Rescued RS 2.0
814 Posts
What model Pioneer is that head unit?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Embarrassed a redneck in an early 2000s F150 who thought he owned the road. When I wouldn't concede to his forcefully trying to overtake my lane, he grew frustrated and got rev happy trying to intimidate me with the roar of his anemic V8 When we reached a stop light. I responded in kind by giving him an earful off Tool's Swamp Song at about 115 dB.

He couldn't keep up getting to the next light, but he was sure to show his approval in my choice of music when he made the right turn as I waited for the green. At least, I think that was a thumbs up. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I applied sound deadening to the rear liftgate. Used 80 mil Noico I bought on eBay. Really makes a difference.

Now, I need to do the entire cargo area and rear doors.
I also used the Noico from ebay, but i only did the flat outer surface. Then I stuffed it with poly-fil. It has a nice solid thud when I close the hatch now.

12261 - 12280 of 15001 Posts