Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Acquired my xb2 about 3 weeks ago. Gave it a service rotated the tires and changed the transmission fluid. Upgraded the marker lights to led. Interior to led. HID kits in the low beams. Added the foglight kit. 9011 high beams and installed a new kenwood 594bt head unit. Planning on some speakers next along with a bunch of fat mat sound deadener. Loving it so far. Happy to be driving a manual again. Trd lowering kit front tie brance intake exhaust and rear sway make this a fun dad van.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got a few pieces I needed to get the stealthbox i bought off ebay buttoned up. Still need to get an amp and install kit. But sound system in the daily is gonna be so nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Always good to grease your slide pins too at the minimum. Also I highly recommend ceramic hrlybrid pads. Raybestos eht are great. Rotors too if you have a pulsation in the wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my brother was a hard core price shopper for a good while
until he learned the hard way a few times
just his last adventure on his kids car
3 different sets of belts on one car until the pullies stopped screaming at him
it drove him absolutely nuts it sounded like a chirping bird
he changed out the belts 2 times water pump, alternator, idler
and he was even eyeballing to change out the ac compressor
when he put on a set of OEM belts the noise finally stopped.
he shops a little more carefully for his parts now.
even belts can be garbage straight from the package.
Being a mechanic I can say not all aftermarket are created equal. But some brands are actually oem. Beyond that some are above oem performance. Would I buy factory pads and rotors ever, nah. Ceramic hybrid pads and premium rotors are cheaper and better... belts. I like bando brand but can be hard to find right now. Just saying, sure it can be trial and error with cheaper aftermarket parts but if you've even there done that... you can safely choose what you need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't spun a socket for a living since 1987
but there isn't anything I cannot do body or mechanical wise
I restore old junk as a hobby
cars that mostly had a 8 to 10 year life at best
I do know that certain brands are oem
I have just had bad luck with aftermarket
and have no clue what is good for a japan car

honestly this is the first one I have ever owned
I tried to buy a 05 bug eye WRX stick wagon
but they are almost impossible to find
not beat to crap or a million miles.
I almost found one
it was a hour away guy gave me directions
and when I showed it was sold already.
I had a 2007 wrx wagon in world rally blue. I built it up quite well. It made 307 awhp and 349 ft # of torque at the wheels. I did all from suspension to brake to engine and had it tuned. Added a sound system and heated seat elements. HIDs... some cosmetics. I did a lot to it. It was fun. I miss that car... Sold it and got an adventure family car. A 2010 subaru forester that I lifted. This was before it was super popular to lift subarus and it turned a lot of heads 6 years ago. I did a ton to this vehile as well... We had some great adventures in it and i took on some actual limit pushing drives. Gave the forester to my wife and bought a 2017 chevy colorado I built up as a camping rig. Then we had a little one and I sold my 2000 celica commuter to buy my 2011 xb...

Now back to business. I got one door about wrapped up tonight sound system wise. I finished the sound deadening material application i started last night, then drilled out the rivets and removed the original pioneer speaker. Following that I mounted a baffle behind a speaker adapter which made a great seal then mounted up morel Maximo coax 6.5" speaker. Tomorrow I'll reinstall the moisture barrier and make sure the door card is free of the speaker contact, although quick setup and it looked good!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts