Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone? Since i know everyone here will give me some good ideas i was wondering everyones opinion on what color lights and/or neons i should use with the theme im going with. first of all i have a TCM xb and im going with a black,silver,and carbon theme but i just cant think of what color lighting would go with it any help would be appreciated

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'd have to say purple, I think it's the only color that would look right. But it is purple, so it's up to you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Shane I have dark purple under my salsa red. wow very nice. but Have been told by law enforcement that all neons are now illegal. from state trooper to sherriff. but in my opinion i think under the TCM it would have to be a white with a hint of blue but not to dark. it can be done.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Now are you doing neon or LED?

If you run neon I vote white too. Maybe even add some strobes in the headlights (or elsewhere) for a little extra kick.

If you go with LED its white will almost certainly have a hint of blue to it. Plus you could always go for the kit that does a bazillion different colors and patterns and then just change it to match your mood. . .

In my opinion neon gives a nicer more even glow, but it eats more power and can be more fragile. Plus it can’t do all the nifty stuff LED does. (For the record, I have neon.)

·
Registered
234 Posts
GhostxB06 said:
Shane I have dark purple under my salsa red. wow very nice. but Have been told by law enforcement that all neons are now illegal. from state trooper to sherriff. but in my opinion i think under the TCM it would have to be a white with a hint of blue but not to dark. it can be done.
I thought the only neon's that were illegal in Florida were blue or red. Oh well, guess they finally caught up. Florida is a little slow.

Having lived most my life in Baltimore, I know MD does not allow neons at all. I have a TCM and think I would go purple or white if you are sticking with the silver, black look.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i was definately leaning towards the white underbodys but i was not sure how well white neons would look inside i thought they might just look like white light

·
Registered
229 Posts
flipped and tattoo'ed on the rear. late night out in alabama going to roswell. lost control because a car flew in front of me. oh well all good pending a chk and the new box will emerge. not real happy that night early morning. took a more rural route to get some sight seeing in and well thats the deal. hey like they say. S*&*&*T happens.

·
Registered
229 Posts
yeah i am ok. the arm rest. well its right here next to me. no did not get it figured out. but that's it will be placed in the next srp box. getting same wheels and all. it will be the same.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm going with blue, but thats only because my accent color is blue...

·
Registered
45 Posts
my box is black ..

i am going black chrome and green.. well not much chrome....

i will say that white with a little bit of blue/ purple would look bad ass..

or like they said ... get the led's that change.

as for the laws against neons...

here in east texas.. they are fine.. as long as you cant see the bulb and they are stedy ... no strobing..

i found that out the hard way when i was going to a game and got pulled over ( i did not have side skirts at the time.. i hit a stump and bend one up so i took off both) anyway ... he informend me that i am breaking two laws .. stobing and he could see my led tubes..) yes i am doing leds remote contole and lookes very clean and even..

but enuff about me ... how are you ... lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the same color theme youre talking about (TCM/black/CF). I have all WHITE cold cathodes in my xB. I think the white really sets off the black accents in the interior. Some people think white is boring but it really is nice. I get a lot of compliments on my stuff...

·
Registered
229 Posts
what shane? all it took was a picture...lolololol that's great good luck and have fun on the install. they are worth the look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.