Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was looking through some galleries and noticed this wheel what brand are they and can some one give me a link to look at them?

And just by looking at them along with the drop and tire, what kind of drop do you think they have? And what size tire do you all think is on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Looks like BSA wheels. I forget the models honestly, but the person to talk to would be Rodney. (HawaiianBuilt) He took that pic, and could tell you who owns those, and what the specs are. My guess would be 18" BSA rims with 215/35/18 tires and with a 2 inch drop. Hard to tell without seeing the whole car and seeing proportions though.

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^215/35/18 (correction, sorry)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Tire sizes will really screw with someones head if they don't know how they work. Only reason I pointed it out. Your doing a fine job Scotty!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, I PM'ed HawaiianBuilt, but haven't gotten a reply back. I wasn't sure if he comes to these forums very often. I just bought an 06. I assume it's the 06.5 got it right off the truck on Sept. 13th. All stock and am now trying to figure out what to do lowering, tire sizes, wheels. I'd like to go with an 18" wheel, And as low of stance as I can go without rolling the fenders. I've also read about spacers and shims, and I know nothing as to what you guys are talking about. I need every bit of the 411 someone can give me as to what I'm wanting to do. I've noticed alot of pictures that show the rear tires in at the top why? Is this to get it lower and still be able to tuck the wheels in there?

Padanky: What size wheels, tires, spacers, lowering kit do your run? Did you roll the fenders? I love the stance on your XB! I NEED HELP!!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
those if were made in 3 piece remind me of them SSR Vienna Courage's

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
Padanky: What size wheels, tires, spacers, lowering kit do your run? Did you roll the fenders? I love the stance on your XB! I NEED HELP!!!!
I'm running 18x7.5 w/ 215/35/18's. Df210's w/25mm spacers in rear 5mm in front

I just put the Df210's in the rear and Haven't driven it enough to have it rub. But I did take a rubber mallet to the flares a little. They just barely rubbed with my S-Tech's and a lot of weight in the back ( just transferred paint, didn't chew up tire at all)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going with the 18 X 7.5 w/ 215/35/18's, what drop and spacer set-up could I go to, without doing anything to the fenders? And have no rubbing? What off set are you running?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
Going with the 18 X 7.5 w/ 215/35/18's, what drop and spacer set-up could I go to, without doing anything to the fenders? And have no rubbing? What off set are you running?

My wheels are a 40 off-set with 25mm spacers and with S-Techs + around 300lbs of cargo, I only rubbed paint on the sidewall of the tire (no cutting). If you were to get a 42-45 off-set and 25mm spacers you shouldn't have to do any modding or rolling fenders.
I went and got groceries today with my Df210's and did not rub at all (I did use a rubber mallet to the inside edge of fender a little since they rubbed with the S-Tech's) I did manage to crack the paint in a few spots around the edge, I just took a brush and layed some clear coat in it to keep from rusting, no big deal.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What does the DF210's lower the XB? Goldlines are like 2", right? Tanabe S-Tech (sorry for the spelling) are like 1.5 and 1.7, right? So if I were to go 18 X 7.5 w/ a 42 offset, and 25mm spacers on the rear and 5 on the front with S-Tech, there should be no problems? Could I get away with the Goldlines or the DF210's? Sorry for all the questions, just want to do it right the first time. I would like the wheels as straight up and down as possible, as close to the fenders as I can without rubbing and as low as I can without rubbing. As far as the spacers. Are these just wheel spacers? Or are they the spacers that go behind the whole hub? Thanks for all the help!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts