Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I’ve seen passing references here and there about using blue tape on the front of your boxes during road trips (especially to shows). Where do you put it, and why? :confused:

·
Registered
546 Posts
its normally to protect your bumper, hood, or mirrors, or wherever they might have taped...from rocks or bugs or anything else that might damage the taped area...

·
Registered
126 Posts
BigWill184 said:
its normally to protect your bumper, hood, or mirrors, or wherever they might have taped...from rocks or bugs or anything else that might damage the taped area...
Plus it makes long distance show prep a breeze when you roll into town the day of. Just pull off the bugs!

This was for HIN/Exposed-Chicago:

·
Registered
260 Posts
blue pAinters tape

look for the 3 inch wide tape, its the easiest to apply!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I used green tape, same as blue nothing special. I was suprised how much **** was actually stuck to it when I removed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I might do it just for the hell of it...plus i hate cleaning the bugs off the front...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'd do both colors...at the same time...then the whole box:D :cool:

·
Registered
485 Posts
well when you spend 8 hours detailing every millimeter of your toaster inside and out, you do everything u can to keep it clean. I always steal a few of the plastic seat covers and paper floor mats we have at work before a show. That way my inside stays clean as well

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the ‘pics guys; that’s pretty much what I was picturing in my head. I’ll probably try this next show.

8 hours to detail? :eek:

Wow. Either I’m still really green, or you are very, very dedicated to your car. The truth is probably somewhere in between. ;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Liesjemt said:
Thanks for the ‘pics guys; that’s pretty much what I was picturing in my head. I’ll probably try this next show.

8 hours to detail? :eek:

Wow. Either I’m still really green, or you are very, very dedicated to your car. The truth is probably somewhere in between. ;)
The Santa Monica show ended up being over 8 for me since I had to re-do everything by hand after driving through the fog and mist. Sucked! :eek: I'll be using several rolls on my Box for the drive to Roswell New Mexico.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh man i wish i could make it to Roswell. Im thinking if i ever do road trip that will be one of the thing i do to keep from having to clean for hours after.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thats why I bought a vinly carbon fiber bra. Long road trips is the only time we rally use it. Its saved my ass on more than one occasion. I hit this huge dip and scraped so much that the mark on the bra was up about 4 inches, the bottom of the front air dam was fine, no mark what so ever.

·
Registered
194 Posts
this is probably a dumb question, but where do you get this tape? is it like the blue tape you get to tape off trim in a house when you paint?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.