Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm sorry to tell you this, but I've hear a lot about the xB not being a very good base for making a hell of a lot of power... I don't know what all is out there, but the echo engine isn't exactly known for its hp numbers. I would try Blitz or Greddy for you supercharger, and likewise for intercooler. there are some guys who do custom turbos if you want their website... they actually seem to be doing pretty well for themselves...:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
You'll gain much more from a turbocharger than you would a supercharger..

But if i had to pick one, Greddy. No intercooler, with all the extra piping added on you'd end up losing power and psi if not done perfectly, or as perfect as possible. Just run full synthetic motor and tranny oil, and that will help out alot. Just be sure to upgrade the pistons, fuel management, and a few other things. I could go on, but theres enough threads on this already. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
quadoptix said:
actually ive ran against both..the blitz seems to run better compared to the greddy.
Greddy's kit has 6whp more than the Blitz one, and also if you compare price of the two Greddy's is cheaper in most places that sell both kits. Reliability just depends on what you do to upgrade internals, tranny, and other parts that could wear out fast. Both are reliable kits.

But as i've said before, you'll gain much more from a turbocharger than you would a supercharger. You need power to make power from a supercharger, which still power to weight with a s/c proves satisfying. You'll probably be happier with a turbo. Not to mention you'll run more effiently.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Plus the GReddy SC comes w/ E-Manage.

·
Registered
201 Posts
good quality parts always has a nice price tag, i have the blitz s/c on my a and xb, they are good but do not add insane power, custom tubo is better if budget is not an issue

there lots of things to address to make more power and relaibly
ie. tuning, other mods installed, reliabilty, driveablity etc.

im currently turbocharging my xA, and its NOT cheap but it WILL make power

·
Registered
131 Posts
turbo+box=mmmmm gooooood:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.