Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
HMMMMMMM......

Looks alot like the resistor "chip" I made and tested, same connectors and everything. But I have never tried this "chip", do I feel another test coming on?

·
Registered
354 Posts
from their ebay page
Don't risk damaging your vehicles expensive ECU with cheap imitations! The BLACK ICE regulates the ECU input within the vehicle manufacturer's specifications keeping it safe from damage. Other cheap imitations do not limit these inputs allowing for expensive damage to occur to your vehicle, either quickly or over time. You can't incorporate much protection or horsepower into a simple diode or resistor! This is why the sellers of these cheap imitations simply warranty their product, and not your vehicle. The manufacturer of the BLACK ICE chip offers a full vehicle protection warranty against damage to the ECU and engine when the chip is installed and used properly. BLACK ICE comes with a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not fully satisfied!

AT LEAST THEY WILL WARRENTY YOUR ECU AND ENGINE :rolleyes:

·
Registered
869 Posts
they only work for a short period of time then the ecu will reconize it, than it will re-calibrate and it will stop working

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
And good luck actually getting them to warranty the item, much less your engine or ECU. Not saying it will cause a failure, but if it did I would bet you'd be up a certain creek without a paddle.

Same scam resistor in a pretty box. And I'd bet dollars to donuts there is no warranty of any kind sent along with your package when you order.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
but the picture of the ad looks soo promising, i might be fast a jedi warrior on 405 fwy on a friday afternoon and then fly right into orbit on a rubics cube......
i probably get the same affect by putting on a "NOS" sticker on my car.

Regards to warranties, you have to look at the invisible "IF's" in the paragraphs, or within the said “Contract (s). Words can often be manipulated to coerce you into thinking that, what you read actually does not mean what it states. And the reason for this is that the vendor or the company most likely does not want to honor the warranty, but love to give you the “so-called” legal mumbo jumbo within their said warranties. It’s a nice gesture on their behalf, but in most cases, they will tack on other things for the warranty to take affect, if any at all. Warranties are written to protect the interested parties, and rightly so. Many have become “sue happy”, and the vendors and companies have to protect themselves.

What sounds better to you?

“As is” - That’s plain and simple. “You get what you get, so don’t get upset.” (Quoting my seven year old son.)

Read the “by-laws” - It’s that small written legal mumbo jumbo, that say’s to you, “don’t you worry about a thing.”

“100% guarantee!” - In order for your Guarantee to take affect, you first need to buy the Warranty.

t/j ova

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah man, POS, dont waste your energy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Maybe after i buy that chip, ill wax my car to lessen wind resistance to go an extra .1 mph.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.