Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents are going to the dealership... if my mom is convinced I am getting it... the anticipation sucks...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good luck! And at least going to a Scion/Toyota dealership is better than going to an auction at the Post Office to buy a used 1971 Mail jeep, which is where my dad took me when I was 16. I'm not complaining either, cause I sort of liked that jeep. But try taking a girl on a date in a mail jeep with mail racks in it instead of a passenger seat, or backing through the drive-in at the Jack in the box cause the seats on the wrong side......

hmmmm. Oddly enough, that jeep was the same color as my xB, dark blue, and was as easy to park, and shaped about the same. Weird.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Day_Tripper said:
My parents are going to the dealership... if my mom is convinced I am getting it... the anticipation sucks...
Just like waiting for Christmas morning!! I don't think your parents can find a reason not to like the xB, if anything they'll probably want to get one for themselves! Best wishes!!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
hubbard said:
Good luck! And at least going to a Scion/Toyota dealership is better than going to an auction at the Post Office to buy a used 1971 Mail jeep, which is where my dad took me when I was 16. I'm not complaining either, cause I sort of liked that jeep. But try taking a girl on a date in a mail jeep with mail racks in it instead of a passenger seat, or backing through the drive-in at the Jack in the box cause the seats on the wrong side......

hmmmm. Oddly enough, that jeep was the same color as my xB, dark blue, and was as easy to park, and shaped about the same. Weird.
My power window was broken in my S-10 Blazer for a while, had to do the same thing...got some strange looks from the window worker. :D

Congrats on getting the Box, you'll love it and the people who drive them. We're all thinking inside the Box.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mom is a hard person to convince... it's even harder cause my since my '03 Civic has been hit 3 times it's not worth that much anymore (stupid suburbans who can't see me and switch lanes into me... no joke 2 suburbans 1 H2) so she is worried about that as well.. but i'm hoping she likes it enough to look over that...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's official!!! My '06 Salsa Red xB will be here in 4-6 weeks!

All I put on it was the TRD Springs, Shocks and Struts and the TRD Muffler... i'm so excited!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Day_Tripper said:
It's official!!! My '06 Salsa Red xB will be here in 4-6 weeks!

All I put on it was the TRD Springs, Shocks and Struts and the TRD Muffler... i'm so excited!!!
Congrats! See, it was easier than you thought!!

BTW, nice color choice!!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Congrats! be sure to take some pics once it arrives... :D

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Awesome. I didn't have to wait at all to get mine though. Can't wait to see it.

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
I coulnt wait to get mine either, their were no Black Cherry Pearls around here so I hopped a plane and bought mine in San Antonio Tx. !!:eek:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks for the welkies! My garage went from an Accord and a Civic to a Tc and a Xb. Younger sons 92 Civ still resides in the drive way.:cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.