Scion xB Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
What's POPPIN?
125 Posts
i have the same problem. i just bought a 2006 xb with 94kmiles and its automatic. my car vibrates a lot when its in D or R only when on full stop. so i went ahead and change the spark plugs with ngk platinum (2.49 ea). still vibrating, changed my air intake to a ebay CAI thinking it might be the air intake that was causing it since it was the only one shaking crazy under the hood. but that didnt do it though however. so i took it in to the dealership and they replaced my motor mounts.. less vibration now however, when a/c is on, starts to vibrate heavily again and can hear rattling noise when in R. so they r gonna do another diagnostic on my box.. ill find out tomorrow hopefully! i hope she's ok. i hope whatever she has is treatable.. lmao.. what do you guys think my box's prblem??

·
Registered
522 Posts
i think there is no problem with the car. pay attention to your rpms. when it drops below 600 the vibration gets heavy. this is normal and the ecu usually wont adjust itself to fix it. the engine can run at under 500 rpms without stalling. sitting still, in gear, while holding the brakes will cause more strain on the engine then poping it into neutral and letting off the breaks. use this as a test, get the car shaking, put it in neutral and let off the breaks. did the rpms raise and did the vibration subside for the most part? if so, then this is normal. xb's are shakie cars with tiny motors, doesn't take much to cause them strain.

temporary fix: turn off the car, pop the hood, remove the "efi" fuse in the large box on the drivers side of the car. pump the breaks 3 times or till they get stiff. put the fuse back in. start the car and let the ecu relearn how to idle for a couple minutes before you start driving

·
What's POPPIN?
125 Posts
hmmm.. will try this if things don't work out well at the dealership. i hope they'd be able to fix the problem. thanks man. ill keep u updated for sure.

·
What's POPPIN?
125 Posts
so i got my car back from the dealership. no more rattling sound when in R at full stop with the a/c on. theres still a little bit of vibration left just a little bit but its most likely due to the mileage having more than 95k miles. im not sure exactly what have caused it. i totally forgot to ask what was causing it and what was done to eliminate the problem. LOL. i was kinda in a hurry for work too. i might call my them again just to ask for all these info.

im so relief that this problem was resolved. :D

·
What's POPPIN?
125 Posts
forgot to update you guys with what was done with my car to fix the problem. anyways, i called them back to ask what was done in my car and they said that on top of the engine mount being replaced, turns out that the transmission mount was needed to be replaced too so they went and did then for me and adjust the idle to 600 i think. vibration is gone now. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
motor mounts ,my girls xb 05 shaked a lot ,after replacing MM is much better , i replaced the one in the back of motor and the one in the right side (drivers side)

·
Registered
522 Posts
forgot to update you guys with what was done with my car to fix the problem. anyways, i called them back to ask what was done in my car and they said that on top of the engine mount being replaced, turns out that the transmission mount was needed to be replaced too so they went and did then for me and adjust the idle to 600 i think. vibration is gone now. :D
You can't adjust the idle in an xB. Yes, there is a set screw that will allow you to adjust how open the throttle is at idle, but the ECU controls the idle, if you adjust the set screw, within a day, the ECU will have reprogrammed itself to run at its preset configuration.

·
Registered
522 Posts
How difficult is motor mount replacement in the xB?
When I did my motor swap, I had a hell of a time removing the bolts on the rear motor mount... I couldn't find a good way to reach them to take them out and putting them back in afterwards was even worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i got my car back from the dealership. no more rattling sound when in R at full stop with the a/c on. theres still a little bit of vibration left just a little bit but its most likely due to the mileage having more than 95k miles. im not sure exactly what have caused it. i totally forgot to ask what was causing it and what was done to eliminate the problem. LOL. i was kinda in a hurry for work too. i might call my them again just to ask for all these info.

im so relief that this problem was resolved. :D
That was of NO help to anyone but your own ego...

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have the same problem. i just bought a 2006 xb with 94kmiles and its automatic. my car vibrates a lot when its in D or R only when on full stop. so i went ahead and change the spark plugs with ngk platinum (2.49 ea). still vibrating, changed my air intake to a ebay CAI thinking it might be the air intake that was causing it since it was the only one shaking crazy under the hood. but that didnt do it though however. so i took it in to the dealership and they replaced my motor mounts.. less vibration now however, when a/c is on, starts to vibrate heavily again and can hear rattling noise when in R. so they r gonna do another diagnostic on my box.. ill find out tomorrow hopefully! i hope she's ok. i hope whatever she has is treatable.. lmao.. what do you guys think my box's prblem??
[/QUOT
Thank you for posting!!! I was wondering if this was normal and @ Chrisdesil was able to answer the question.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i think there is no problem with the car. pay attention to your rpms. when it drops below 600 the vibration gets heavy. this is normal and the ecu usually wont adjust itself to fix it. the engine can run at under 500 rpms without stalling. sitting still, in gear, while holding the brakes will cause more strain on the engine then poping it into neutral and letting off the breaks. use this as a test, get the car shaking, put it in neutral and let off the breaks. did the rpms raise and did the vibration subside for the most part? if so, then this is normal. xb's are shakie cars with tiny motors, doesn't take much to cause them strain.

temporary fix: turn off the car, pop the hood, remove the "efi" fuse in the large box on the drivers side of the car. pump the breaks 3 times or till they get stiff. put the fuse back in. start the car and let the ecu relearn how to idle for a couple minutes before you start driving
Thank you sir. You explained very well to my wondering mind. I was freaking out thinking it was the tranny due to other forums i have found.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts