Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay all you inherent gutters out there weight in your parts will ya.

What did you take out and how much does it weight. How low can you go on your xB???

Any crazy guys out there take a drill to the ass end of the car yet???

Any guys weigh in there new performance parts? Like 100lbs in FI gear, swapping out springs for coilovers. Anyone weight in rotor and pad swaps (my thickies on my Z28 added mass but they were just so nice it made up for it).

Any sway-bar weigh ins, lets start a nice comprehensive sticky thread with lots of info.

Just how much does that intake add as far as weight is concerned, etc.

Light-weight wheels....

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I removed my tow hooks. But then I put on a few pounds eating too much so it was a wash. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay people anyone want to start listing the weight of the crap they pulled out of the car yet?

Anyone have weight differences between the stock hood and a CF or fiberglass peice?

Sheet metal these days are light as hell, last time I swapped a hood (my '99 Z28) from sheetmetal to fiberglass it just wasn't worth it (something like 7 pounds) and a CF unit was only an addition 7 pounds on that.

That was also on a hood so thin that I had to take out both of the hood struts and prop it up Mustang style (which sucks when you are used to struts). I lost almost as much weight just taking the struts themselves out.

Anyone weigh in their rear seats yet?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone measure the weight difference between a stock hood and a CF unit?

Last time I swapped a hood out it only lost ~7 pounds. That was pretty lame because the fiberglass unit was so thin that I had to remove the hood struts because they distort the hood. The struts almost weighed as much as the difference between the sheet metal and the FB.

Anyone weigh in the rear seat removal? The seats themselves are nearly weightless but the rear seat belts aren't.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Last time I weighed myself at the track it weighed in at 2470 with me in it. Pretty much complete.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last time I weighed myself at the track it weighed in at 2470 with me in it. Pretty much complete.
How much do you weigh in at and is your xB an auto or manual?

Guys farther up how much do the parts you took off weigh? I assume you still have them lying around in the garage.

I can't get to my xB lately because of snow and ice and the lack of a LSD is seriously making me pissed at Toyota.

I can't get enough traction to get into my highly inclined driveway without backing into the guy across the streets driveway and lauching it.

Actually that is incredibly fun to do now that I think about it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.